Free Agency 2023 Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Free Agency 2023 Thread.

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:53 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:44 pm
WHAT THE FUCK???

Zac, Duke and Mikey have to be all in on the draft and getting younger at this point. We are hemmoraging talent. Like in a really bad way. And we dont have nearly enough picks to cover that.

But seriously, why in the world would you ever let Perine go???
Mikey worrying about stashing comp picks. I swear that's all anyone is talking about. They all hooping and hollering over on twitter and patting eachother on the back over comp picks they getting NEXT YEAR.

I'm worried about now and so far we have lost 3 quality individuals who have single handedly won us games last year just by their play alone.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:54 pm

The only reason to let Perine go is if you are bringing in Jamal Williams. Otherwise I just don’t get it. Even if you were going to do something crazy like trade for Ekeler, he doesn’t do the same things as Perine. Maybe they are planning to keep Mixon and add Williams? I have no idea.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:58 pm

Jmble wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:54 pm
The only reason to let Perine go is if you are bringing in Jamal Williams. Otherwise I just don’t get it. Even if you were going to do something crazy like trade for Ekeler, he doesn’t do the same things as Perine. Maybe they are planning to keep Mixon and add Williams? I have no idea.
Maybe so. I mean I still think Mixon is gonna be a cap cut sooner or later, so essentially if that's what they're planning they have no safeties and no rbs right now. I mean they do but they don't ya know?

And thing is there are absolutely zero rumors floating around right now. I mean Williams and Gardner-Johnson and that's it and even those have completely died. There's no talk or anything about bringing anyone in.

And the Cinci beat writers are convincing themselves and fans that the 3 players who have left were no big deal and this team didn't get 1% weaker with the 3 that walked. As you said....I don't get it..

HogsFan

Re: Free Agency 2023 Thread

Post by HogsFan » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:41 pm

I think comp picks are very important.

Signing Burrow to the long term deal is critical, and we will need more picks in order to have more players at a lower salary impact.

I think the Patriots were able to show how to make this strategy work.

Not to be morbid, but I think Katie knows dad is not going to be around forever and she has more of a win now mindset than her predecessors.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:41 pm

Perine was a back up RB y’all chill tf out there’s literally 50 of him out there

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:20 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:41 pm
Perine was a back up RB y’all chill tf out there’s literally 50 of him out there
DO NOT attempt to use logic in such an emotional setting. This is a safe space sir. (Unless you are a teenage babysitter) Perine is better than Mixon for our offensive needs and now we are left with the guy we should have been replacing with a rookie draft pick. If Mixon hit the streets I wouldnt have said a word.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Re: Free Agency 2023 Thread

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:33 am

HogsFan wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:41 pm
Not to be morbid, but I think Katie knows dad is not going to be around forever and she has more of a win now mindset than her predecessors.
I think SoP still has more influence on what goes on with the team than most of us wish he did.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:01 am

I like comp picks too, but I'm not worried about next off season. Perine was the best RB we had by far.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:22 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:01 am
I like comp picks too, but I'm not worried about next off season. Perine was the best RB we had by far.
Perine leaving is a bigger hit than some will admit. He was the best blocking back we had and with all the concerns with the o-line, he was very much needed. I hate to see him go.

But that's why you don't prematurely cut Mixon. That said, rumors are the Bengals are in the mix with Jamal Williams and Burrow was having dinner at Precinct with Austin Ekeler.

Don't know how true any of that is.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:07 am

I think we are over valuing Perine, he is not all around better then Mixon. Sure he's the best pass blocking back we have but he's not more explosive, or a better pass catcher. With that said I don't believe we should be keeping Mixon either, I think we should be looking for an answer in the draft since RB's aren't really the main impact for this offence. We'll be fine everyone needs to just take a freaking chill pill!