Free Agency 2023 Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: Free Agency 2023 Thread.

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:56 pm

Not sure which thread to post this in, but man I am sure feeling uncertain about quite a bit with this team. This time last year all we really had to worry about was Collins and a few injuries, for the most part. This year, woof. CB, TE, RB, OL, DL. We need some serious draft wins in multiple spots. And more than 1 player in at least 2 spots OL and TE. If we trade Mixon we need 2 RBs as well.

I for one did not see the issues coming at TE and RB. I feel like we could have done a much better job of deferring those issues another year for a very small sum. So now we have about 2 weeks to sort all this out. :|

If I am a bettor, I saw we trade back for the extra picks in the 3rd. We need bodies.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:55 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:56 pm
Not sure which thread to post this in, but man I am sure feeling uncertain about quite a bit with this team. This time last year all we really had to worry about was Collins and a few injuries, for the most part. This year, woof. CB, TE, RB, OL, DL. We need some serious draft wins in multiple spots. And more than 1 player in at least 2 spots OL and TE. If we trade Mixon we need 2 RBs as well.

I for one did not see the issues coming at TE and RB. I feel like we could have done a much better job of deferring those issues another year for a very small sum. So now we have about 2 weeks to sort all this out. :|

If I am a bettor, I saw we trade back for the extra picks in the 3rd. We need bodies.
I don't feel this way at all. I feel like the question at OL is pretty much answered, the Orlando Brown Jr signing sealed that one up. We may pick up another guy or two for depth but I think we're sitting pretty good there. I believe Williams will shift over to RT, and if not we'll do something.

As for RB well I'm not as concerned, we still have Mixon under contract and RB's are literally a dime a dozen.

TE, CB and Edge this draft class is one of the deepest classes at these positions I've seen in a while we'll be able to pick up value everywhere in the draft.

Interior DL is not as deep and I wouldn't be surprised if we take one in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I feel like we've filed holes and will be ok, I do not believe the sky is falling on this team.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:53 pm

I agree with Meat. With as many as 6 QB's projected to go ahead of us some top quality player at a position of need will be there when we come around.

TE, CB, DL or OL ...some starter quality player will be there. And as I've said before, don't be shocked if we package Jonah with the 28th pick and move up.

And remember, they signed 2 O-linemen in Free Agency. It's not like we lack depth there anymore.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:39 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:53 pm
I agree with Meat. With as many as 6 QB's projected to go ahead of us some top quality player at a position of need will be there when we come around.

TE, CB, DL or OL ...some starter quality player will be there. And as I've said before, don't be shocked if we package Jonah with the 28th pick and move up.

And remember, they signed 2 O-linemen in Free Agency. It's not like we lack depth there anymore.
Dude if we move up you will have scored the coup of the draft. No way that happens. We need BODIES. And if we don't get all we need in the draft, we aren't going to find anything quality left over in FA. Between TE, CB and DL we need at least 6 players. That means we have to score viable players with each pick. We cant afford to whiff. We need a stack of extra 2nd and 3rd round picks.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:13 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:39 pm
Dude if we move up you will have scored the coup of the draft. No way that happens.
It may be the only way they can unload him...

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:28 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:22 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:38 am
:lol: .....

Field Yates @FieldYates
The Cardinals worked out former Bengals TE Drew "Junior" Sample.
Did they need some boxes moved to the storage room in the basement?
well... these didnt age well....

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1646957772477550609

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:36 pm

TE Problem solved.... :lol:

Cincinnati 💔 @CincyProblems
BREAKING: #Bengals are re-signing TE Drew Sample to a one-year contract.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:29 pm

Only to be cut before camp when we draft 2 TEs. This has to be an insurance policy against the draft going sideways.
Seeking Superbowls

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:39 pm

5 time pro-bowler safety Budda Baker wants out of Arizona. What would it take to get him here in a Jonah Williams package? That would completely solve our secondary issues for the season and allow us to draft whatever TE , RB, DL trio we see fit.

No idea where the money is at. Just thinking that would be one hell of a scoop. Assuming AZ wants a trade.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:30 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:39 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:53 pm

Dude if we move up you will have scored the coup of the draft. No way that happens. We need BODIES. And if we don't get all we need in the draft, we aren't going to find anything quality left over in FA. Between TE, CB and DL we need at least 6 players. That means we have to score viable players with each pick. We cant afford to whiff. We need a stack of extra 2nd and 3rd round picks.
It's not nearly as bad as you're making it out to be. We've signed 1 TE with a huge upside, and then resigned Sample along with having the TE from NE last year. At CB we've got Awusia coming back, along with Britt and others. OL we've got starters and depth there. The only position we really need to take is DL since we only have guys signed thru this year. Also there will be cap cuts coming in June where we'll be able to get some guys to fill depth. The sky isn't falling.