2020 NFL Redraft from The Athletic

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Jmble

2020 NFL Redraft from The Athletic

Post by Jmble » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:02 am

You want to read the most asinine thing you've ever seen in your life?

From Athletic NFL writer Dianta Lee

If the 2020 NFL Draft were redrafted today knowing what we now know, what would it look like?
1. Cincinnati Bengals: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
Original pick: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

Frankly, there’s no need to mess with a good thing in Cincinnati — Burrow has played in a Super Bowl and consecutive AFC Championship Games. But I just can’t help myself. Herbert is the more talented quarterback, and it’s hard to imagine that his time with a supporting cast like Burrow has had in Cincinnati would be disappointing.

Who can begrudge the original pick, though? When it happened, Burrow was three months removed from being the engine of the best passing offense in college football history (by a wide margin). Burrow doesn’t go first overall here, but he has played well enough to stick near the top of this redraft.
If you remain curious after reading this stupid take, he had Joe Burrow going to Washington at number 2.

MeatHeadbengal

Re: 2020 NFL Redraft from The Athletic

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:20 pm

I'm sorry but this kind of BS is exactly that, 100% biased uneducated BS.

Burrow is heads and shoulders a better QB the Hurbert but just because he doesn't have the big arm he's considered a lesser QB. This take is old and idiotic.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:45 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:20 pm
I'm sorry but this kind of BS is exactly that, 100% biased uneducated BS.

Burrow is heads and shoulders a better QB the Hurbert but just because he doesn't have the big arm he's considered a lesser QB. This take is old and idiotic.
Agree, totally. I'm sick and tired of seeing articles saying Herbert is better than Burrow or a poll from PFF on Twitter everytime you turn around asking who the better QB is and they have a picture of Herbert but none of Burrow lol. I stopped following the jackasses.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:35 pm

I tell all my friends.... i've "been there done that" with drafting "arm talent".

I want "it"... and Burrow has it.