Re: Draft Talk

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:53 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:57 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:25 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:57 am
Not sold on Kancey yet. He's right at 6'0 almost 280 and plays DT. I know Geno was relatively small too but....I just don't think he's a 1st round pick.
Aaron Donald was on the smallish size too.
Yeah, true. I may buy into him, like I said, but right now I'm just not. We'll have to see how he works out and some tape. I mean why all the sudden is he getting hype??
More then likely because our season is not over and we can all focus on the off-season. I don't remember much about Aaron Donald coming out of college but he's been one of the all time greats in the interior line.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:50 pm

Good video from Goodberry.

https://youtu.be/GycOpW3DoTE

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:30 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I think the entire draft class this year is weak. I can't sit here and say any one player in this draft is a guaranteed star.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:52 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:53 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:57 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:25 pm

Aaron Donald was on the smallish size too.
Yeah, true. I may buy into him, like I said, but right now I'm just not. We'll have to see how he works out and some tape. I mean why all the sudden is he getting hype??
More then likely because our season is not over and we can all focus on the off-season. I don't remember much about Aaron Donald coming out of college but he's been one of the all time greats in the interior line.
Been watching highlights of Kancy. Dude is quickkkkkkkkk. If he doesn't have a problem getting through.and around much bigger NFL Oline he gonna be good. Dammit man
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:43 pm

Right now I'd love Anotnio Johnson 6'3 200 S/CB in the first. He can play anywhere. Sorta like a bigger version of Hill. I still love the Hill pick and think he'll excel. He didn't have a true position this past year. He played slot, cb, safety. Give him a position and a little bit of time and you guys will love him.

2nd round I want MY GUY. Have followed since day one from my Iowa Hawkeyes: Jack F'ing Campbell 6'5 246 LB

Who is Jack Campbell?
Height: 6’5″

Weight: 246lb

2022 Stats: 128 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, 3 pass breakups, 2 interceptions

NCAA Career Stats: 305 tackles, 13.5 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 15 pass breakups, 5 interceptions

Accolades: 2022 Dick Butkus Award Winner (nation’s best linebacker), 2022 Unanimous Consensus First-Team All-American, 2022 Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year, 2x All-Big Ten First-Team

Being compared to our own Logan Wilson....only good thing about having 1 Logan Wilson is having 2. Plus keep Wilson where he's at and put Campbell in a Micah Parsons, TJ Watt role.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:44 am

i like it JoeB... i'd like the Cats to address CB, DI, T, RB, LB (assuming Pratt is let go), but order would depend on availability + value each round, and then i'm also not opposed to look at OG and Edge, cause the whole OL needs help and you can't ever have enough pass rushers anyway

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:56 pm

I'm actually seeing smack being thrown at Volson now. Some local sports writers are saying he was actually fairly mediocre as an NFL Guard and that the general shittiness of our O-line made him look better than he really was.

I'd like to hear Meat's take on this.

But in any case, I think we really need to upgrade both Guard positions and finding a new starter at LG should be an offseason priority. Preferably a FA signing can be made there. I don't think we're going to get lucky again with a mid-round pick and you know SoP will never alloew Zac to take a Guard in the first two rounds.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:01 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:56 pm
I'm actually seeing smack being thrown at Volson now. Some local sports writers are saying he was actually fairly mediocre as an NFL Guard and that the general shittiness of our O-line made him look better than he really was.

But in any case, I think we really need to upgrade both Guard positions and finding a new starter at LG should be an offseason priority. Preferably a FA signing can be made there. I don't think we're going to get lucky again with a mid-round pick and you know SoP will never alloew Zac to take a Guard in the first two rounds.
I've heard the same thing. Saying he wouldn't start for the other teams in the league 🤔

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:46 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:56 pm

I haven't graded him out for the full year but I do know PFF had him graded out as the 8th best rookie O-linemen heading down the stretch. I like the kid and think he can get better but that opinion is at a short glance and not a deep dive. With that said however I agree we could use at least 1 guard prospect in the draft and I would say in the 2nd or 3rd round if there isn't anything of value in the 1st. Kappa was our best O-linemen and Karras was close behind, thinking of having a painting commissioned of Karras as he comes off the Titans field, (the up yours Tennessee) for my man cave. I think those 2 positions should be safe but if we can upgrade across the board on the other 3 we'd have a pretty good O-line. If we have to go into the season again with Volson I think we could do a lot worse.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:14 pm

Read where the Bengals are meeting with TEs and CBs at combine. Said those are the top 2 targets early in the draft it seems from who they've been talking with.