Cincinnati Bengals

1 (28): Adetomiwa Adebawore, DT, Northwestern
2 (60): Zach Charbonnet, RB, UCLA
3 (92): Tyler Steen, T/G, Alabama
4 (131): Zack Kuntz, TE, Old Dominion
5 (163): Darrell Luter Jr., CB, South Alabama
6 (206): Dorian Thompson-Robinson, QB, UCLA
7 (246): Rakim Jarrett, WR, Marylands
A. I don't think they'll wait till the 4th round to address the TE position.
B. I don't see Thompson-Robinson lasting until the 6th round.
C. I agree with Meat, Chardonnay out of UCLA doesn't impress me much either. I'll pass.

stripesincarolina

Re: Draft Talk

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:51 pm

Just about there fellas. Offseason has one more dull week.

Side note, I got to spend the first three days of this week down in Hard Rock Stadium in Miami setting up for Formula 1 in May. I am NOT impressed with that stadium at all. Dont know if the Dolphins have their own stadium deal they need to negotiate, but that stadium cannot have more than 5 years left. We are going to see a flurry of new stadiums around the league in the next 5-8 years or so. Including the Bengals!
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:01 pm

The consensus among the local Cincy sports journalists I follow on Twitter is that they're planning on going BPA....period.

They don't seem to have any better idea of who will still be sitting there at 28 than we do.

Most local insiders seem to believe they prefer to draft a TE in the first. However, they realize the top 2 or even 3 may be gone by 28. So rather than draft the 4th best TE they're prepared to take the 3rd best CB or the 2nd best RT.

I have no problem with this strategy. My only worry is that they'll go BPA round after round till they look up in the 5th or later and go, "Oh sh*t! .....we still haven't taken a TE!!!"

Then they'll grab some nobody out of East Succatash State just to add one. We need another TE and this appears to be the draft to get one.

I also strongly believe they'll at least attempt to package Jonah Williams with the 28th pick to move up. Especially if there's an OT they like.

Let's hope they don't fall asleep at the table... :roll:

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:26 am

Agree B1. Seeing them move up would be amazing. The hole at RT and the lack of depth behind Chido and his impending departure makes CB a priority in the first 2 rounds. If they get out of the first 3 rounds with a CB, TE and RT I’d be thrilled. But this does feel like we’re going to roll into day 3 with no TE drafted…