2023 Off-season thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: 2023 Off-season thread

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:43 pm

Reading where the Browns are getting ready to throw a gold mine at Bates and they are also going after Hurst.

But here's the thing. The Browns are 12M OVER the cap. We see teams do this each year with reckless salary cap spending and nothing is ever done about it. I believe no team should go over the cap, ever. If you do then you should only have a certain amount of time to get back in the green and not the red.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:08 pm

Report: Jessie Bates III 'Would Love To Play' With Deshaun Watson, Browns
Bates is expected to continue his career with a new team in 2023.
RUSS HELTMAN

CINCINNATI — Bengals free agent safety Jessie Bates III reportedly wants to play with Deshaun Watson and Cleveland Browns.

Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot dropped the nugget this weekend.

"Bengals safety Jessie Bates III, a 2020 second-team All-Pro, would love to play with Watson if he hits the market," Cabot wrote. "The problem is, Bates’ market value is about $14 million a year, according to Spotrac, and the price could climb if teams get into a bidding war for the premier available safety."

That AAV is a big hang-up for the Browns and Bengals as Bates should also draw interest from teams like Atlanta as well.

Following a career-high four-interception season, Bates has earned every penny a team is willing to pay him. Unfortunately for Bengals fans, it's unlikely that happens in Cincinnati.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:30 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:08 pm
Report: Jessie Bates III 'Would Love To Play' With Deshaun Watson, Browns
Bates is expected to continue his career with a new team in 2023.
RUSS HELTMAN

CINCINNATI — Bengals free agent safety Jessie Bates III reportedly wants to play with Deshaun Watson and Cleveland Browns.

Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot dropped the nugget this weekend.

"Bengals safety Jessie Bates III, a 2020 second-team All-Pro, would love to play with Watson if he hits the market," Cabot wrote. "The problem is, Bates’ market value is about $14 million a year, according to Spotrac, and the price could climb if teams get into a bidding war for the premier available safety."

That AAV is a big hang-up for the Browns and Bengals as Bates should also draw interest from teams like Atlanta as well.

Following a career-high four-interception season, Bates has earned every penny a team is willing to pay him. Unfortunately for Bengals fans, it's unlikely that happens in Cincinnati.
If I'm Jesse Bates, the last thing I would wanna do or say is, "you know playing with Deshean Watson is a dream"

Why?? And it has nothing to do with Watsons past. I thought Bates was smarter than that. So they only thing he's looking for to draw him to team is someone like DeSean Watson..... you know what? Good fucking riddance!

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:30 pm

QB Carr heading to New Orleans for 150 million 3 year deal. Heard on the Pat McAfee show.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:48 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:30 pm
QB Carr heading to New Orleans for 150 million 3 year deal. Heard on the Pat McAfee show.
Good for Carr. I'm not a McDaniels fan. Never have been. He tee totally wrecked the Broncos years ago doing the exact same thing he's doing now with the Raiders. I honestly don't see how he even got another chance.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:07 pm

What the hell does that mean...? 🤔

Malik Wright @Wrightreportt
The Bengals organization understands their Super Bowl Window is open and they have to do everything possible to maximize it.

Changing the way in which they operate helps with that .

Expect a new approach.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:31 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:07 pm
What the hell does that mean...? 🤔

Malik Wright @Wrightreportt
The Bengals organization understands their Super Bowl Window is open and they have to do everything possible to maximize it.

Changing the way in which they operate helps with that .

Expect a new approach.
I think it's about being proactive with Burrow's extension. Instead of the normal and waiting it out. We have money to spend this year and talk of creating more money by releasing players.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:07 am

Report: Sheriff Deputies Enter Joe Mixon's Home, No Arrests Made After 'Shots Fired' Call
Sheriff Deputies spent hours outside Joe Mixon's house.

CINCINNATI — Hamilton County Sheriff's Deputies spent hours inside Joe Mixon's house on Tuesday morning after responding to a "shots fired" call, but no arrests were made.

FOX19 is reporting Deputies responded to the 7900 block of Ayers Road around 8:30 p.m. for a report of shots fired in Anderson Township.

One child was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

FOX19 is also reporting that deputies extended crime scene tape around Mixon's home around 11 p.m. ET on Monday night.

Multiple deputies entered the home on Tuesday morning after arriving with an envelope. Three more deputies entered the home around 2 a.m. and left around 3:20 a.m. without making an arrest.

"This is an active investigation. That is all we have to release at this time." The sheriffs office said in a statement.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:18 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:07 am
Report: Sheriff Deputies Enter Joe Mixon's Home, No Arrests Made After 'Shots Fired' Call
Sheriff Deputies spent hours outside Joe Mixon's house.

CINCINNATI — Hamilton County Sheriff's Deputies spent hours inside Joe Mixon's house on Tuesday morning after responding to a "shots fired" call, but no arrests were made.

FOX19 is reporting Deputies responded to the 7900 block of Ayers Road around 8:30 p.m. for a report of shots fired in Anderson Township.

One child was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

FOX19 is also reporting that deputies extended crime scene tape around Mixon's home around 11 p.m. ET on Monday night.

Multiple deputies entered the home on Tuesday morning after arriving with an envelope. Three more deputies entered the home around 2 a.m. and left around 3:20 a.m. without making an arrest.

"This is an active investigation. That is all we have to release at this time." The sheriffs office said in a statement.
Well this doesn't help with wanting to keep him. I say he's gone anyways. From what I read they are really liking UCLA RB Chabbernat.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:47 am

Rumors are that he shot a 13 year old kid who was in his yard playing with a Nerf gun. Nothing official has said this, so it really is just a rumor.

True or not, I've been ready to move on for him, so hopefully this just helps spur that move on sooner rather than later.