Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Playoff Discussion Thread

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:10 pm

Now this... :roll:

LanceMcAlister @LanceMcAlister
Lap on Tee:
He suffered a hip pointer.
It's not a hip pointer on the outside...it's just above the groin area. Those are very painful. It's going to be interesting to see how debilitating it is as he goes through practice this week.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:16 am

It’s a RG, not a QB1. As long as we have #9 we are still in SB contention

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:57 am

skycruiser wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:16 am
+1

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:02 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:33 pm
# wearescrewed

Burrow cannot withstand another postseason running for his life like last year. And if we lose whatever running game we did have, we will end up looking like last week against the Ravens, or worse, Halloween against the Browns.

I say this with a straight face.....I give us zero chance at winning this weekend. Burrow was under pressure all day even before Kappa got hurt. And the Ravens will not turn the ball over 4 times again.

Ravens 26
Bengals 24

Tucker strikes again
everything im reading is that the bengals specifically dialed everything back, saving it for the playoff game.

but like you... i did not like what i saw coming from the Oline

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:05 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:57 am
skycruiser wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:16 am
+1
+eleventeen

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:39 pm

orange_black wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:02 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
# wearescrewed

Burrow cannot withstand another postseason running for his life like last year. And if we lose whatever running game we did have, we will end up looking like last week against the Ravens, or worse, Halloween against the Browns.

I say this with a straight face.....I give us zero chance at winning this weekend. Burrow was under pressure all day even before Kappa got hurt. And the Ravens will not turn the ball over 4 times again.

Ravens 26
Bengals 24

Tucker strikes again
everything im reading is that the bengals specifically dialed everything back, saving it for the playoff game.

I would love to see what you are reading. There is no way they dialed anything back. They couldn't afford to! It was a two possession game the entire second half. And if anything, they didnt execute because Burrow was running for his life again. Pretty sure that isn't written into the "lets dial it back" playbook.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:00 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:39 pm
orange_black wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:02 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
# wearescrewed

Ravens 26
Bengals 24

Tucker strikes again

I would love to see what you are reading. There is no way they dialed anything back. They couldn't afford to! It was a two possession game the entire second half. And if anything, they didnt execute because Burrow was running for his life again. Pretty sure that isn't written into the "lets dial it back" playbook.
I respectfully disagree Burrow was just off it wasn't because he was running, we've seen him running and he's still been able to be accurate with good ball placement.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:26 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:39 pm
I have to defend the others. I follow several local Cincinnati sports reporters on Twitter and a couple of them mentioned the team deliberately went vanilla on offense in the second half to avoid giving the Ravens anything to study on film.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:13 pm

Going "vanilla" on offense does not mean you open the floodgates on your QB. They were trying to throw in the second half and got blown up many times. I think this is PR by Callahan and crew. We'll see come Sunday night. I say it is going to be a free for all against Burrow.

In other news...enjoy this little nugget from Coach Prime. What could have been!

https://youtu.be/uLbaeBJ-tis
Seeking Superbowls

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:32 pm

This is a simply amazing stat chart. We may never have a WR trio like this again. And the cool part is I dont even think they have hit their prime yet. One more tweak of the Oline next year and these numbers could skyrocket.

Model of consistency: Tee Higgins
Last year/this year
Games: 14, 14
Catches: 74, 74
Targets: 110, 109
Yards: 1091, 1025
TDs: 6, 7
Longest catch: 54, 59
Catch %: 67.3, 67.9
Yards per target: 9.9, 9.4
Seeking Superbowls