Playoff Discussion Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
skycruiser

Re: Playoff Discussion Thread

Post by skycruiser » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:51 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:33 pm
# wearescrewed

Burrow cannot withstand another postseason running for his life like last year. And if we lose whatever running game we did have, we will end up looking like last week against the Ravens, or worse, Halloween against the Browns.

I say this with a straight face.....I give us zero chance at winning this weekend. Burrow was under pressure all day even before Kappa got hurt. And the Ravens will not turn the ball over 4 times again.

Ravens 26
Bengals 24

Tucker strikes again
Did B1 hack your account?

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:02 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:51 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
# wearescrewed

Burrow cannot withstand another postseason running for his life like last year. And if we lose whatever running game we did have, we will end up looking like last week against the Ravens, or worse, Halloween against the Browns.

I say this with a straight face.....I give us zero chance at winning this weekend. Burrow was under pressure all day even before Kappa got hurt. And the Ravens will not turn the ball over 4 times again.

Ravens 26
Bengals 24

Tucker strikes again
Not quite. But I refuse to not acknowledge the obvious. This team has minimal offensive output without our improved Oline in place. Yes, they have found a way to win in many cases. But as we saw in the SB, that luck can run out. And against a very solid Ravens defense, and having just played them, I think they do just enough to get Tucker into position. And I dont trust Zac's ability to run out a clock either.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:20 pm

Not quite. But I refuse to not acknowledge the obvious.
Wait, why is it "acknowledging the obvious" when Stripes posts about it but being a pessimist when I do it....? :evil:

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:31 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:20 pm
Not quite. But I refuse to not acknowledge the obvious.
Wait, why is it "acknowledging the obvious" when Stripes posts about it but being a pessimist when I do it....? :evil:
Because we all know you have a small wanker and accept it like Mrs B1. You're the only one that keeps whining about it. :lol:

Hangin' from the swingset ain't gonna make you taller Bobby Brady. Just like going back to our 2021 Oline isnt going to give much security to Joey B.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:33 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:31 pm
Because we all know you have a small wanker and accept it like Mrs B1. You're the only one that keeps whining about it. :lol:
Your wife doesn't think so. What does that say about yours...? ;)

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:42 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:33 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:31 pm
Your wife doesn't think so. What does that say about yours...? ;)
Deflection is clearly your most admirable trait. Then again, at 65 years old it may be your only trait you old fart.

Now get back to football before we lose another 10% of our members. Where the heck is Mag??
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:48 pm

I'm not even close to 65. :lol:

Here's this.... :?

Cincinnati- Bengals radio analyst Dave Lapham offered up his thoughts during Bengals Line on 700 WLW on Monday night.

"That injury is significant," Lapham told Lance McAlister. "There's no way in my mind Alex Cappa is playing in the playoffs the rest of the season.

"It would not surprise me if the news was very bad."

Max Scharping is expected to fill in for Cappa, who has been the Bengals' best offensive lineman this season. It's a significant loss for an offense that has played well in the second half of the season.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:13 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:02 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:51 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
# wearescrewed

Ravens 26
Bengals 24

Tucker strikes again
Not quite. But I refuse to not acknowledge the obvious. This team has minimal offensive output without our improved Oline in place. Yes, they have found a way to win in many cases. But as we saw in the SB, that luck can run out. And against a very solid Ravens defense, and having just played them, I think they do just enough to get Tucker into position. And I dont trust Zac's ability to run out a clock either.
It was obvious that Burrow was off yesterday, and he's been under pressure his entire career here. I don't believe they will be like that on Sunday night, I don't think this prediction holds weight.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:43 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:13 pm
It was obvious that Burrow was off yesterday, and he's been under pressure his entire career here. I don't believe they will be like that on Sunday night, I don't think this prediction holds weight.
The team has admitted they deliberately went vanilla on offense in the 2nd half to avoid giving the Ravens much to dissect on film.

Win or lose, I think it's safe to say we're going to see a different Bengals offense this Sunday night.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:56 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:43 pm
Win or lose, I think it's safe to say we're going to see a different Bengals offense this Sunday night.
Yes that will be the only obvious thing!