Playoff Discussion Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: Playoff Discussion Thread

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:16 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:33 pm
DB @bengalsdrake
Bengals G Alex Cappa luckily avoided a major ankle injury and doesn’t have any structural damage, per source.
He’s still in a boot and is expected to miss the rest of the playoffs. His best shot at coming back is if Cincinnati makes it to the Super Bowl.

*Surgery not required.
Ok, noooowww is the time I entertain the call from Whitworth and sign him as a backup. No way the guy didnt at least stay in shape. He may have lost a few pounds, but he's got a few good downs left I'm sure. Bring him in, get him a few reps, secure a second ring, let him retire a Bengal.

We need a little fairytale for the franchise!
Seeking Superbowls

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:03 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:16 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
DB @bengalsdrake
Bengals G Alex Cappa luckily avoided a major ankle injury and doesn’t have any structural damage, per source.
He’s still in a boot and is expected to miss the rest of the playoffs. His best shot at coming back is if Cincinnati makes it to the Super Bowl.

*Surgery not required.
Ok, noooowww is the time I entertain the call from Whitworth and sign him as a backup. No way the guy didnt at least stay in shape. He may have lost a few pounds, but he's got a few good downs left I'm sure. Bring him in, get him a few reps, secure a second ring, let him retire a Bengal.

Sounds like a plan (although not one that will happen) good news on Kappa though no surgery means no major rehabilitation. Collins may never be the same again and frankly he wasn’t what I’d hoped he would be in the first place.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:22 am

Joe the Sot wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:03 am
stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:16 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
DB @bengalsdrake

*Surgery not required.

Sounds like a plan (although not one that will happen) good news on Kappa though no surgery means no major rehabilitation. Collins may never be the same again and frankly he wasn’t what I’d hoped he would be in the first place.
Collins really started to play well down the stretch, not Willy Anderson level but pretty well.

I hope we can make a run here and hopefully get Kappa back for the SB if we can get that far.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:18 pm

Cincinnati 💔 @CincyProblems
#Ravens officially rule out QB1 Lamar Jackson for Sunday night vs the Bengals.

QB2 Tyler Huntley is still questionable.

QB3 Anthony Brown is the backup option.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:23 pm

Elise Jesse @EliseJesseTV
Joe Mixon was fined $13,261 for the coin flip. “Further actions will result in an escalation of disciplinary action, up to and including suspension.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:39 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:23 pm
Joe Mixon was fined $13,261 for the coin flip. “Further actions will result in an escalation of disciplinary action, up to and including suspension.
Fuck 'em all.
Seeking Superbowls

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:19 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:39 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Fuck 'em all.
+1

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:07 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Chad Johnson said he was going to pay for the fine. Other then that the NFL is bullshit sometimes.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:28 am

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:51 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:33 pm
# wearescrewed

Burrow cannot withstand another postseason running for his life like last year. And if we lose whatever running game we did have, we will end up looking like last week against the Ravens, or worse, Halloween against the Browns.

I say this with a straight face.....I give us zero chance at winning this weekend. Burrow was under pressure all day even before Kappa got hurt. And the Ravens will not turn the ball over 4 times again.

Ravens 26
Bengals 24

Tucker strikes again
Did B1 hack your account?
I'm going to add a few more specifics to my prediction to help support my thinking. The Bengals wont score early. For the first time in a while we come up empty in the first quarter. Keeping the score close, or even allowing Balt to go up a few points early allows the Ravens to stack the line heavy and let Dobbins go wild. Which he will do. Our defense didnt face that last week. We kept the Ravens in a passing game all game and netted the turnovers. They are going to run it down our throats today, kill the clock, and after our sluggish start we simply dont have enough possessions to pull away.

Again, Tucker with the game winner.
Seeking Superbowls

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:35 pm

Not worried about dobbins. He may add a pop but we have handled the top RBs like Derrick Henry and Chubb in the back half of the season. Plus, the top rushing teams pick in the top 5 this year.

Some backup QB vs burrow? Bengals by 15 all day