Cats vs Rats Pre Game Chatter & Predictions

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Cats vs Rats Pre Game Chatter & Predictions

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:00 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:47 am
Spo like someone explain what all this means to the idiots, like me?
That's what I'm here for. Or maybe Jmble. I forget.🤔

Anyway.....since he's not here, the Ravens are screaming that IF they beat us this Sunday they ought not be punished by having to travel back to Cincy in week 1 of the playoffs just because the Bengals were given the division championship.

They're contention is that beating us twice ought to count for something too.

So the league is contemplating changing the standing rule and allowing the site of the first playoff game to be determined by a coin flip rather than go by the preexisting rule that the division champion (us) host the game.

Pumpkin is complaining that the rules are the rules and they ought not be changed in the middle of the season which would be unprecedented. In any event, it will take 2/3 of the owners agreeing to do so.

Stand by....

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:15 am

I should add that if we beat them this Sunday the whole things moot. ;)

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:48 am

im not sure i totally understand whats happening exactly... but i do know one thing.

if the chiefs lose this weekend and the bills and bengals both win... there is no way in hell the chiefs should get a bye or any home game vs us or the bills.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:20 am

Just when Goodell thinks he has the PR issues under control, Hamlin wakes up and starts talking and the fan-dom starts rioting over potential rule changes. Now the owners and many players are speaking out as well.

He didnt need to change a thing. And I'm not sure he will get 24 votes today either.
Seeking Superbowls

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:24 pm

Zac is pissed about the rules changes. I actually think this could help the boys. They needed a spark to get them back on track after Monday night. Feeling like the league has wronged them could be just the magic bullet we ride all the way to the Superbowl.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:44 pm

I agree we got hosed but bottom line....win on Sunday and we host a playoff game at home. No coin flip needed.

Now, there's another aspect to this that ought to be addressed....

This vote for changing the rules in what amounts to mid-season was a direct slap in the face to the Brown family. Don't kid yourself that this wasn't several....nay, many owners chance to get back at SoP for all the times in the past he voted against the majority on CBAs, rule changes, team moves, etc...

This was payback, pure and simple. If you think a majority of owners would have voted against Lamar Hunt's best interest, or the Rooney's in Pittsburgh you've got your head planted firmly up your ass.

SoPs stinginess and tight fisted ways coupled with his family owned franchise way of looking at things has screwed his team and by extension us fans, once again. :x

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:49 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:44 pm
I agree we got hosed but bottom line....win on Sunday and we host a playoff game at home. No coin flip needed.

Now, there's another aspect to this that ought to be addressed....

This vote for changing the rules in what amounts to mid-season was a direct slap in the face to the Brown family. Don't kid yourself that this wasn't several....nay, many owners chance to get back at SoP for all the times in the past he voted against the majority on CBAs, rule changes, team moves, etc...

This was payback, pure and simple. If you think a majority of owners would have voted against Lamar Hunt's best interest, or the Rooney's in Pittsburgh you've got your head planted firmly up your ass.

SoPs stinginess and tight fisted ways coupled with his family owned franchise way of looking at things has screwed his team and by extension us fans, once again. :x
There is some truth to this. This move cost the Bengals, millions and millions of dollars.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:30 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:15 am
But now we can't rest our starters like Zac and company was planning.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:00 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:30 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Well with only playing about 8 minutes Monday night, everyone got the physical rest. The mental stress is another thing. Our official injury report was short. I believe only Eli Apple and Sam Hubbard.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:21 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:30 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
True, but that's a luxury anyway.

And just to piss off everyone all over again I'll remind you all that if we didn't screw the pooch against the Steelers in game 1 we wouldn't be talking about this now.... :evil: