WEEK 17 Game Thread - Game of the Year Bengals - Bills

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: WEEK 17 Game Thread - Game of the Year Bengals - Bills

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:22 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:51 am
Does asking this make me bad? Honestly? Like i said I mean someone had to ask, right? I do care about the guy. I really do. But I would just like to know their plan. That's all.
No, ever NFL fan is wondering the same thing honestly. Jmble and I discussed it briefly last night off-line. Skip Bayless was flamed last night for tweeting out a rather innocuous quote saying that no matter what the NFL decides to do somebodies going to get screwed. We're all in uncharted waters on this one quite frankly.... :?

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:24 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:48 am
@wgrz
Daybreak that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will make the call on rescheduling the Bills/Bengals game and it would have to be played within 2 days
I wondered about this scenario last night but of course, nobody wanted to broach the subject while a young mans life hung in the balance.

The problem with this scenario is if you have these two teams play again say.....tomorrow night (Wednesday) now both the Ravens and Patriots have an advantage of extra rest and preparation time. To remedy this do you push both games to Monday night...?

Its a clusterfuck no matter what they choose.... :x
I would think you would then have to move those two games to Monday night and then make sure those 4 (3?) teams don't have a play-off game until Sunday.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:31 pm

Colin Cowherd just announced live that Roger Goodell has informed both the Bills and Bengals that the game will NOT be resumed this week.

No information on whether it will be played at some later date.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:05 pm

He had no choice. Both teams probably told him they would not play this week. There is only one solution here. The Bills have to forfeit this game so both teams can move on. The logistical nightmare of delaying week 18 would carry on to the playoffs. It cant be done without major format and venue changes.

This really sucks, and to debate this feels worse. But I was thinking about a young lady at my former company that had a massive brain aneurism at her desk and died in the office. Traumatized the entire place. But we never shut down. Back to work the next day. Some companies are simply too large to close. Some organizations are too massive to stop once set in motion.

I truly believe this....if the league went to the Bills right now and explained the situation and asked what to do, I bet the organization would choose the path of least resistance and forfeit. Those guys dont want to play right now. Not unless Damar wakes up and gives them a thumbs up.
Seeking Superbowls

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:07 pm

This makes the most sense. Maybe they let next week play out and then see if they even need to play the game based off playoff scenarios

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:39 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:05 pm
He had no choice. Both teams probably told him they would not play this week. There is only one solution here. The Bills have to forfeit this game so both teams can move on. The logistical nightmare of delaying week 18 would carry on to the playoffs. It cant be done without major format and venue changes.

This really sucks, and to debate this feels worse. But I was thinking about a young lady at my former company that had a massive brain aneurism at her desk and died in the office. Traumatized the entire place. But we never shut down. Back to work the next day. Some companies are simply too large to close. Some organizations are too massive to stop once set in motion.

I truly believe this....if the league went to the Bills right now and explained the situation and asked what to do, I bet the organization would choose the path of least resistance and forfeit. Those guys dont want to play right now. Not unless Damar wakes up and gives them a thumbs up.
Agree and I understand what you're saying totally. No way should both be awarded a tie. We play we win then we in. We lose we lose. But don't end it in a tie for both. I'm sorry but that's just not right.

I honestly have a feeling this game will not be made up. How it effects everything playoff wise im not sure. They either tie, or they wipe it off the books completely and keep the Bills and Bengals in their respected standings where they're at now in the playoffs.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:37 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:07 pm
Maybe they let next week play out and then see if they even need to play the game based off playoff scenarios
This I think.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:55 pm

The game has officially been called off. No replay of this game this week for sure. https://youtu.be/Z7aVFZXnrXY

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:06 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:55 pm
The game has officially been called off. No replay of this game this week for sure. https://youtu.be/Z7aVFZXnrXY
I've been hearing alot of sports people saying it'll probably come down to a coin toss.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:09 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:06 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:55 pm
I've been hearing alot of sports people saying it'll probably come down to a coin toss.
I mean…we were technically winning soooooo