+2
+111111one111eleven11

Bengals1

Re: WEEK 17 Game Thread - Game of the Year Bengals - Bills

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:49 am

Coley Harvey @ColeyHarvey
Just chatted with Damar Hamlin’s family friend
@jordonr

Per Jordon and Damar’s family, doctors overnight got promising readings that they had been hoping to see by this morning. Jordon couldn’t go into specifics, but progress appears to be made.

Damar is still sedated and in critical condition in the ICU.
Jordon also clarified (on behalf of the family) that there may have been some miscommunications in terms of the number of times Damar Hamlin was resuscitated. There was only one instance at Paycor Stadium.

Will have much more on @espn
throughout the morning/day. (We recorded an interview) But two other comments to look for from him: Damar’s father is among those calling for any criticisms of Bengals WR Tee Higgins (who was part of the play Damar was injured on) to STOP.

Also, learned that later tonight,
@TheRealJeffRuby
is catering a meal at the hospital for the family. The gestures the family has received in Cincinnati reminds them of what they’ve gotten in Buffalo.

Want to be sure I reiterate that although a small, hopeful step appears to have been made, Jordon did mention that Damar still has a long way to go in his recovery. But the family’s optimism remains high and steady as it’s been throughout all of this.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:14 pm

Zacs presser

They are preparing to play Baltimore Sunday.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:15 pm

Kelsey Conway @KelseyLConway
Zac Taylor said when he walked over to Sean McDermott, the Bills coach said: I need to be at the hospital with Damar. I shouldn't be coaching this game.

Zac Taylor: "Vinny Rey, our team chaplain, has helped with his messaging. One of the things I've taken from that is move forward as a team. We do have a game Sunday."

"At the same time, you don't have to move past the situation that's happening now."

Taylor holding back emotions talking through how it unfolded.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:03 pm

Zac's presser is certainly worth a listen if you want to hear how things unfolded on the field. That said, I have a hunch that Zac is ensuring two things happen. One, make Sean McDermott look amazing (which he was/is), and two, protect the NFL. He would not provide any sort of answer about the ESPN report of the 5 minute warning to resume play.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:30 am

I wouldn't be against this honestly, at this point it seems like the the most plausible scenario. I thought we had a real shot at the #2 seed probably not #1 but that's ok we travel well.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:56 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:30 am
I wouldn't be against this honestly, at this point it seems like the the most plausible scenario. I thought we had a real shot at the #2 seed probably not #1 but that's ok we travel well.
The only thing I would add is that I hope they make the call, whatever it is, before the games are played this weekend. For instance, if we know going into the Ravens game Sunday morning we've won the division and can't move up in the seeding than why play our starters and risk injury...? The same would be true for the Ravens if the game doesn't mean anything for them either.

All clubs need to know before they game plan for this weekend.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:22 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:56 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:30 am
The only thing I would add is that I hope they make the call, whatever it is, before the games are played this weekend. For instance, if we know going into the Ravens game Sunday morning we've won the division and can't move up in the seeding than why play our starters and risk injury...? The same would be true for the Ravens if the game doesn't mean anything for them either.

All clubs need to know before they game plan for this weekend.
Pretty much spot on, and I'll add this feels like it's going to be the call considering they've flexed our game to 1pm instead of 4pm.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:24 pm

Latest update on Damar....he is awake and "neurologically intact". Best possible outcome for all, including the NFL's scheduling efforts.
Seeking Superbowls