Bengals v Bucs Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals v Bucs Game Thread.

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:49 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:13 pm
Bucs only had 2 screw ups, the Defense did the others on their own. Please give credit where credit is due! :roll:
The Bucs had 4 turnovers. 3 in their own territory and one in ours. We scored on 3 of the 4. Guess which one we didn't score on...? That's right, the one that didn't give us the ball on their side of the field.

We didn't drive the length of the field on them. We didn't impose our will on them. We were good enough to win an ugly game when our opponent self imploded.

It doesn't matter who or what caused the turnovers. The bottom line is that without them we don't win....period

We're all alone in 1st place (for now). Let's be happy. (for now)

But like I said above, waiting for your opponent to self destruct is not a game plan. Zac better find a way to get these guys motivated from the opening kick-off and not wait for a bad or lucky play to get them going.

Coz next time it might not happen...

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:55 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:49 pm
It doesn't matter who or what caused the turnovers. The bottom line is that without them we don't win....period

We're all alone in 1st place (for now). Let's be happy. (for now)
But here's the rub, we caused 3 of those, and that's part of the game. However you want to call it, this Bengals defense caused 3 of those turnovers and they need to get credit for that.

We've won 6 straight and it's a W. At the end of this season no one is going to talk about how many turnovers were in this game their going to say it was a W.

We are literally like a win, or someone else's loss away from locking in a playoff spot. We aren't going to just be content with that but when have we been in this position in the last 5 to 7 years? I don't know about you but I'm soaking all this in and enjoying the heck out of it because it can all come to an end quickly.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:21 am

I guess the difference Meat is that while I acknowledge the turnovers I'm not as impressed by them (in the long run) because you can't rely on them every week to sway a game your way.

Like I said, relying on turnovers to pull your butt out of the fire is not a game plan. Next week the QB may not cough up the ball when he's hit or toss an INT when he's rushed. Too much is left to chance.

Hopefully, we got our bad game out of the way and this opened a few eyes for both the coaches and the players. They can't show up flat and uninspired like that again and hope the defense comes up with big plays or our opponent implodes.

I guess we'll see next week in New England if they've learned anything...

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:50 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:44 pm
So anyone know why Tom Brady didn't shake Burrows hand after the game? The GOAT a little salty?

Jeremy Rauch @FOX19Jeremy
Joe Burrow said he and Tom Brady said "good game" to each other after the game. Don't think the cameras caught it. Just showed Brady running off the field.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:30 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:21 am
I guess the difference Meat is that while I acknowledge the turnovers I'm not as impressed by them (in the long run) because you can't rely on them every week to sway a game your way.

Like I said, relying on turnovers to pull your butt out of the fire is not a game plan. Next week the QB may not cough up the ball when he's hit or toss an INT when he's rushed. Too much is left to chance.

Hopefully, we got our bad game out of the way and this opened a few eyes for both the coaches and the players. They can't show up flat and uninspired like that again and hope the defense comes up with big plays or our opponent implodes.

I guess we'll see next week in New England if they've learned anything...
I know how you hate when I quote your entire post just to reply to only a few counter points. I'm doing this on purpose.

Yes we do differ on the turnovers, while you don't see them as impressive they very much still are. Readers strip on Brady is amazing he just punched that ball right out. No different then when Pratt stripped the ball out of Kelsey's arms against KC. The Osse hit on Brady to pop the ball in the air and the effort of Pratt to catch it without it hitting the ground, simply amazing.

Bad teams would fold under the weight of the moment, and Bengals teams in the past would have packed it in. However since last year this team has a different air about them. Even you can admit that, (or not maybe stubbornness is your main trait). When this team needs its boost it finds it from somewhere.

I'll also add that great teams find a way to win, and that's exactly what they did ON THE ROAD AGAINST A DESPRATE TEAM.

Stop nit picking you crazy old coot and enjoy the ride!

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:31 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:50 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:44 pm
So anyone know why Tom Brady didn't shake Burrows hand after the game? The GOAT a little salty?

Jeremy Rauch @FOX19Jeremy
Joe Burrow said he and Tom Brady said "good game" to each other after the game. Don't think the cameras caught it. Just showed Brady running off the field.
I missed that, forgive me I was wrong.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:40 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:30 am
Yes we do differ on the turnovers, while you don't see them as impressive they very much still are. Readers strip on Brady is amazing he just punched that ball right out. No different then when Pratt stripped the ball out of Kelsey's arms against KC. The Osse hit on Brady to pop the ball in the air and the effort of Pratt to catch it without it hitting the ground, simply amazing.

Bad teams would fold under the weight of the moment, and Bengals teams in the past would have packed it in. However since last year this team has a different air about them. Even you can admit that, (or not maybe stubbornness is your main trait). When this team needs its boost it finds it from somewhere.

I'll also add that great teams find a way to win, and that's exactly what they did ON THE ROAD AGAINST A DESPRATE TEAM.

Stop nit picking you crazy old coot and enjoy the ride!

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:26 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:24 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:00 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:42 pm
17-0 Bucs and the route is on.

I recall somebody here saying earlier this week being better on paper isn't enough.

Who was that wise man again...? 🤔
This aged like a glass of milk
Except I was correct. Without all the Bucs screw-ups we don't win. You can't expect your opponent to self destruct every week. That's not a game plan.
LOL. even when he's wrong, he's right.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:31 am

orange_black wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:26 am
Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:24 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:00 pm

This aged like a glass of milk
Except I was correct. Without all the Bucs screw-ups we don't win. You can't expect your opponent to self destruct every week. That's not a game plan.
LOL. even when he's wrong, he's right.
lol, his ego won't let him ever be wrong. You better get off his lawn!

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:38 am

I will say.. that 3rd quarter was something out of a movie.

Although it does bring up a great point. In the past, we would have TOTALLY been on the other side of that 3rd quarter. I could totally see that happen to us ... against the steelers.... on monday night.

But thats the beauty of this team. we are NOT that team anymore. in fact i feel like i have seen that happen multiple times since Burrow has come here. I cant tell you how many times ive told myself, "man, that used to be a bengals way to lose".

I am super proud of where this team is. I love Burrow. Heck im even putting up with Zac Taylor for now.

and if we're (one of us anyways) not going to give the bengals credit for the 2nd half... then we cant give the bucs credit for the first half... because... they only looked so good because we played like utter crap. there that makes sense. i guess.