Week 9 Bengals - Panthers Game Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Week 9 Bengals - Panthers Game Thread

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:32 pm

Mixon is a poser and now he will have some stats to cover his ass so far this season. Perine still runs harder.
This
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:01 pm

Lol Mixon comes out runs hard and has a good day and he gets called a "poser"? Wtf..

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:12 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:01 pm
Lol Mixon comes out runs hard and has a good day and he gets called a "poser"? Wtf..
Against the panthers. What has he done against good teams? Listen. I like the guy. I really do, but this isn't a personal bash. He had a good game yes!! Let's see him do it against the bills, birds, chiefs, etc.

9 minutes to go in second qtr he took a screen pass, karras was blocking for him downfield, NO ONE else around and he runs into the back of karras and falls. Look it up. I just think it's time to upgrade. Have for awhile now.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:15 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:12 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:01 pm
Against the panthers. What has he done against good teams? Listen. I like the guy. I really do, but this isn't a personal bash. He had a good game yes!! Let's see him do it against the bills, birds, chiefs, etc.
I saw Trent Irwin break a backfield tackle and gain a yard today. Mixon goes down on nearly every first hit. Perine is a freaking bulldozer. That is all.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:47 pm

Can't make everyone happy, not even after a 5 TD day lol..

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:21 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:47 pm
+1

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:52 pm

The O-line playing decently had something to do with Mixon's record day too I suspect.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:20 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
It's not that Meat. Its just that I'm not about to post a ton of positive comments here about Mixon and the run game when I know full well we will be completely exposed again in a couple of weeks. Our Oline played decent, as B1 said, against a horrible defense. Jonah still looked terrible at times. So its great to see Mixon have some fun and success, but when placed against the big picture, its not a good look....at all.

Once Chase comes back we will fall right into our pass happy offense again and watch Mixon run endlessly into the backside of our Oline for a 1 yard gain. Our oline will NOT be opening run lanes against KC, Buffalo and Balt. Security may need to be called to protect Jonah because what they are going to do to him will be a criminal act.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:07 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:20 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
It's not that Meat. Its just that I'm not about to post a ton of positive comments here about Mixon and the run game when I know full well we will be completely exposed again in a couple of weeks. Our Oline played decent, as B1 said, against a horrible defense. Jonah still looked terrible at times. So its great to see Mixon have some fun and success, but when placed against the big picture, its not a good look....at all.

Once Chase comes back we will fall right into our pass happy offense again and watch Mixon run endlessly into the backside of our Oline for a 1 yard gain. Our oline will NOT be opening run lanes against KC, Buffalo and Balt. Security may need to be called to protect Jonah because what they are going to do to him will be a criminal act.
That may be the case in a few weeks, however if you don't give credit when credit is due both Mixon and O-line, then you just look like that grump old fart yelling at kids to stay off your yard.

We may turn into that happy pass offense again we may not, you and I don't know the future.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:44 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:07 am
stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:20 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

That may be the case in a few weeks, however if you don't give credit when credit is due both Mixon and O-line, then you just look like that grump old fart yelling at kids to stay off your yard.

We may turn into that happy pass offense again we may not, you and I don't know the future.
I gave Mixon credit. But when he's not playing Jr high level team then let's see how he does.