Football is stupid

TheBurn

Re: Bengals v Ratbirds Game Thread

Post by TheBurn » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:21 pm

Yea figures

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:46 pm

Zac Taylor sucks. Again we are winning despite him. I've been saying it since last year

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:26 am

Saw this on Twitter: Zac Taylor opted for a Philly Special and a shovel pass to WR5 from the 2-yard line tonight instead of seeing if his $40M running back getting six yards a pop could punch it in and it cost the Bengals what could’ve been a massive win.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:27 am

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:26 am
Saw this on Twitter: Zac Taylor opted for a Philly Special and a shovel pass to WR5 from the 2-yard line tonight instead of seeing if his $40M running back getting six yards a pop could punch it in and it cost the Bengals what could’ve been a massive win.
And those plays were the crowning jewels of an otherwise horrible play calling night for Zac. I understand we didnt have Tee available, but Mike Thomas is more than capable and played his ass off last night. The Ravens were giving us anything we wanted underneath and Zac failed to take it. If this were younger Brady or Big Ben they would have feasted on that defense last night.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:58 pm

Sorry I haven't been around much, I had to travel back to LA to bury my best friend. Unfortunately, he did not leave a Will and making arrangements via only a Power of Attorney proved to be a monumental task. But we got it done and now hopefully, he's at peace.

Each of the Bengals losses can be laid at the feet of one man, Zac Taylor. The O-line being unprepared, Burrow being rusty are direct consequences of Zac's decision not to play any of them in pre-season. I know Burrow was coming off of surgery but giving him a drive or two in the final pre-season game wouldn't have set him back a day and might have gotten him further along in his prep. Same for most of our new O-linemen.

Zac's insistence on calling plays himself has been nothing short of a disaster. He's the Head Coach, not the Offensive Coordinator. There's a phrase perhaps some of you are familiar with, clever by half. It basically means to outwit yourself due to arrogance. Think Vizzini in The Princess Bride. That's Zac Taylor right now.

Eschewing the field goal last night cost us the game. We would have been up by 4 with less than 2 minutes to go if he had simply done the obvious thing. Do you really think the Ravens would have scored a TD on that final drive...?

The Philly Special followed by the Dip- Shit Shovel Pass on the 1-yard line!?! What coach in his right mind calls that...?

I honestly don't think the season is salvageable at this point. Actually, I felt it was over after our first two losses. But if they're going to at least be competitive from here on out Zac needs to give up play calling duties starting immediately.

I don't care if your last names Brown or Blackburn or whatever, someone above Zac needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with him and let him know his job is on the line.....now. Not 4 games from now, now!

Knowing how the Bungles are run I sincerely doubt that will happen. Which means you'd better get ready for another 6-11 or 7-10 season people. Then watch during the off-season when Zac announces he's reluctantly giving up play calling duties like it just occurred to him... :roll: