Cats vs Fins Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
TheBurn

Re: Cats vs Fins Game Thread.

Post by TheBurn » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:17 pm

Sup fellas. Been on a quiet period for the past cpl weeks as my mom passed away in FL, then we got hit by a hurricane when I got back to Puerto Rico. The wifey figured I could use the distraction so she set up a surprise for me and yadda yadda... I was at the game last night, first time ever in Cincy. Atmosphere was insane, absolutely loved it. As far as the game goes, I did find myself questioning the play call a number of times, especially the way Zac seemed to be hellbent on going thru Mixon no matter wtf, but hey they made the plays they had to make when it mattered. Vonn Bell was clutch. I'll say this, if Chase is WR1 then Tee is definitely 1A if not the other way around if you ask me. After game #4 our B's look to be back on the hunt, I'll take that. Still believe we can make the playoffs and make some noise. All in all fantastic 1st trip to the Queen City. Now off to get me some chili... :mrgreen:

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:04 pm

Sorry to hear about your mother Burnsie. Both my parents have past in the last ten years. It leaves you feeling like an orphan for a while. Just remember time heals all wounds. As MrsB1 is fond of saying, "It'll never be alright but eventually it'll be ok."

Yes, the play calling last night and really going back to last year is atrocious. Zac continues to eschew easy points in favor of what he believes are make able 4th downs. He refers to this as "being aggressive." There’s a fine line between being aggressive and being foolhardy.

And calling a pitch back on 4th and 1, a play that hasn't worked the last few times they tried it, is the very definition of foolhardy. He's continuing to run Mixon into the line over and over with little or no success shows a stubbornness of Meathead level proportions. The local Cincy beat writers i follow on Twitter were on him all night over this. At least it's not just the fans that have noticed.

If we're going to have any chance at a successful season Zac's going to have to shelve his ego and give up play calling during games.

Let's see if he's man enough to do it...

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:12 pm

Sorry to hear about your momma Burns! The passage of time is unavoidable for all of us, but I'm sure you made the best of all the years with her. I'm sad every day that I am 400 miles away from my aging parents in Cincy but there isnt much I can do other than visit.

Of all the games you could have seen, what an electric night to be at PBS (not ever saying Paycor). I know your mom was helping contribute to your enjoyment from afar. (But I really wish she could help us with our running game!) ;)

Keep your chin up!
Seeking Superbowls

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:09 pm

Truly appreciate the kind words guys. I have always been and will always be a mama's boy so it's been a bit crushing to be honest. This trip was definitely something I needed to take my mind off things. And it turned out to be a prime time, ring of honor, record crowd game. Wifey picked a great one with zero clue about any of that. Talk about lucky. And hey B1, that pitch back sweep on 4th and 1 had me literally screaming 'wtf are u doing'... no bueno. Stripes, electric is the perfect way to describe last night.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:10 am

Sorry to hear about your mom, burn.

congrats on the trip!!! what a game to be at!!!!

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:09 pm

Burn sorry to hear about your family, my prayers go out to you.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:21 pm

Gracias fellas, much appreciated. And I'll say this, those of you that still have your mom, call her often and tell her you love her.

On a lighter note, the game... I just can't get over how awesome the whole experience was. Absolutely loved PBS and surrounding area. The vibe was insane. I definitely plan on coming back for more.

Oh, and not trying to start a whole thing here, but even though I definitely liked both Skyline and Gold Star chili... I think I'm in the Skyline camp.

:P

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:49 pm

Skyline all day long Burns. And twice on Sunday when the Bengals win. :lol:

Gold Star only when you are drunk, halfway home and desperate.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:09 pm

Is Skyline the one with cinnamon in it...?

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:34 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:09 pm
Is Skyline the one with cinnamon in it...?
Yes, but I think they both do. And chocolate.
Seeking Superbowls