Week 4 - Bengals vs Fins Prediction and Discussion Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Week 4 - Bengals vs Fins Prediction and Discussion Thread

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:14 am

Short week this week. Only a couple bumps and bruises, I think DJ Reader may be the biggest question mark for Thursday night. Was a win against a bad Jets team enough to right our ship against a very, very good Miami pass rush? Will Dax ever see the field?? Will Mixon lose his role to Perine??? :shock: :shock: :lol:

Where do you land on the one?
Seeking Superbowls

orange_black

Re: Week 4 - Bengals vs Fins Prediction and Discussion Thread

Post by orange_black » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:10 am

we got a win. monkey is off the back.

I think they should be able to settle in now and play football properly. Our offensvie line looked much better on sunday.... and it showed with Burrow's play. Great to see that Burrow got over his happy feet right off the bat.

I think we can win this game, mostly because the team appears to finally be coming together, short week and we are at home. we better win this game. need to start racking up wins asap.

Bengals 24
mammals 21

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:17 am

orange_black wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:10 am
I think they should be able to settle in now and play football properly. Our offensvie line looked much better on sunday.... and it showed with Burrow's play. Great to see that Burrow got over his happy feet right off the bat.
I'll be honest, I didn't see a great improvement after watching the tape. They still aren't playing very well and have a lot to work on. One play I literally saw Collins get pushed over by the DE who was engaged with the guard and pushed him with only one arm.

We have a long way to go. I'm hoping for a miracle but I just don't see it.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:53 pm

Same, Meat. I think Collins is definitely not at full strength and his back problems may be worse than advertised. He's not quick, he gets blown up frequently and he definitely isnt the road grader he was advertised to be in the running game.

Miami has a very quick Dline so I expect we'll know pretty early Thursday night if we are capable.

From a playcalling perspective I do think we did a better job holding the rush an extra second or so against the Jets. If we can really amp up the pre-snap motions this week that would be helpful. Time to crack the playbook all the way open.
Seeking Superbowls

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:51 pm

ALMOST FORGOT!!!!!!

This is the debut of our white helmets!!!! Im so stoked to see these!!!!

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:29 pm

I'm excited to see the new Uni's however I'm not excited to see this O-line again off a short week.

I think we will struggle mightily however we do have something good going for us which is they had a huge emotional win against the Bills. We aren't that good right now folks but I'm hoping for the miracle.

Bengals 17
Finns 21

Yes I know the score was the same last week, sue me!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:44 am

I agree with Meat. The O-line isn't playing significantly better, they've just schemed around it for now.

The season was affectivly over after the inexcusable loss to Dallas. Two games into the 2022 season and I'm already more interested in how my CFL team is doing. :roll:

The prime time curse returns in another humiliating loss:

Dolphins 24
Bungles 16

Btw: if it hasn't been talked about already here, Cartman has been demoted to third string. I think we can officially call him a bust now. :x

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:36 pm

the white helmets. nuff said

cats 23
ray finkle tuck job 21

you heard it here first

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:51 pm

DJ Reader is out for an extended period (knee) and likely headed to IR.

Tua is not a lock to play Thursday. I'm sure he probably will but his back issues seem legit. We'll see.

Time for BJ Hill and Tupuo to bring the action.
Seeking Superbowls

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:47 pm

Tua upgraded to "limited" today. No practice tomorrow and the team is leaving FL in the morning because of the hurricane. So the fins wont have much game prep for us at this point. We have the benefit of an extra walkthrough and a few hours of film. Maybe it helps, who knows.

Cheetah is doing some jawing about Apple and is evidently still sore about the Superbowl. Nice to see the secondary rally around Apple and get some easy incentive to pop that little shit right in the mouth.

I'm in Baltimore for 2 days. What a shithole.
Seeking Superbowls