Week 3 - Bengals v Jets Discussion and Prediction Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Week 3 - Bengals v Jets Discussion and Prediction Thread

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:30 am

Not that I expect much input in this thread after these first two weeks, but it needs to be done. I keep trying to tell myself we are two plays and a challenge flag away from being 2-0. But damn, those would have been the ugliest wins I've ever seen.

We have to right the ship this week. Do or die, and I'm sure the team knows it. No team in the modern playoff format era has started 0-2 and made the playoffs. So we already have history working against us. I think we win, but I will be surprised if our Oline looks dramatically different this week.

Bengals 23
Jets 20
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Re: Week 3 - Bengals v Jets Discussion and Prediction Thread

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:47 am

I don't see us winning. Unless Joe can get his head out of his butt where it seems to have been lodged in pretty tight we aren't winning.

Jets 24
Bengals 12 (all FG's)

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:11 pm

we have to win.

I think Burrow refuses to lose. I think most of this team refuses to lose.

Hopefully they take things into their own hands this week. "Players only" type meeting. Ignore Taylor, and give the oline a good 'ole ass whooping beyond the woodshed during the week.

Bengals 24
Jets 17

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:21 pm

Sample needs knee surgery. He's gone for the year. Collins' back injury has already surfaced. He did not practice today but is expected to play Sunday. Hurst is fighting a groin injury.

Question, what is keeping us from mixing in I-formation plays with Mixon and Perine (or Evans)? Seems to me that a quick and easy solution to slow down the Dline would be to motion into the I or offset I and let Perine or Mixon block and get Mixon or Evans open in the flats. I long for the days of Rudi Johnson and James Brooks. I'm just so frustrated that we haven't seen any offensive creativity in Cincy since our beloved Sam left town. He was always reminding us we didn't live in Cleveland. :lol:
Seeking Superbowls

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:53 am

Keep your eyes on the injury list. Sounds like LC, Pratt and Hurst are all big question marks for Sunday. That means Wilcox, Adeniji and ADG will all be stepping up. Adeniji with only his second start at RT and Wilcox getting his first at TE.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:18 pm

orange_black wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:11 pm
we have to win.

I think Burrow refuses to lose. I think most of this team refuses to lose.

Hopefully they take things into their own hands this week. "Players only" type meeting. Ignore Taylor, and give the oline a good 'ole ass whooping beyond the woodshed during the week.

Bengals 24
Jets 17
Good call on the prediction!

Didn't get to watch hoping to see if I can catch the replay on NFL.com