Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Let's Attack Zac

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:53 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:48 am
Well.....d'uh. :roll:

Mike Petraglia @Trags
"Just slow down" Zac Taylor admits the game got away from him a bit on Chase non-TD with 2:48. Biggest game-management lesson learned Sunday.
Oh I'm sure you've never made any mistakes during your professional career... :roll:

:lol:

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:12 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:53 am
Bengals1 wrote:

Mike Petraglia @Trags
"Just slow down" Zac Taylor admits the game got away from him a bit on Chase non-TD with 2:48. Biggest game-management lesson learned Sunday.
Oh I'm sure you've never made any mistakes during your professional career... :roll:

That's a strawman argument. Everyone in any business is held accountable for their mistakes and Zac Taylor is no different. An argument could be made that with the money and responsibility a HC in the NFL has he should be held to a higher standard than most.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:08 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:12 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:53 am
Bengals1 wrote:

Mike Petraglia @Trags

That's a strawman argument. Everyone in any business is held accountable for their mistakes and Zac Taylor is no different. An argument could be made that with the money and responsibility a HC in the NFL has he should be held to a higher standard than most.
That may be but in the heat of the moment there will be mistakes made and it's very easy as an arm chair coach to say this after the fact.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:13 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:08 pm
That may be but in the heat of the moment there will be mistakes made and it's very easy as an arm chair coach to say this after the fact.
I understand that Meat and if it were just me saying it you could argue I'm nit picking but he's being taken to task by virtually everybody in the sports reporting world.

Jamie Erdahl on GMFB made his lack of a red flag on the Chase TD her blown call of the week. Paul Dehner Jr's written about all the mistakes Zac made extensively in the Athletic and Lindsay Patterson is calling the missed TD catch a game changing blunder.

The message boards on other Bengal sites and PFT are tearing Zac a new one for not playing his new O-linemen at least a little during the preseason and the obvious blown call of not challenging the TD a humiliating monumental rookie blunder.

It's not just me.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:52 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:13 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:08 pm
I understand that Meat and if it were just me saying it you could argue I'm nit picking but he's being taken to task by virtually everybody in the sports reporting world.

Jamie Erdahl on GMFB made his lack of a red flag on the Chase TD her blown call of the week. Paul Dehner Jr's written about all the mistakes Zac made extensively in the Athletic and Lindsay Patterson is calling the missed TD catch a game changing blunder.

The message boards on other Bengal sites and PFT are tearing Zac a new one for not playing his new O-linemen at least a little during the preseason and the obvious blown call of not challenging the TD a humiliating monumental rookie blunder.

It's not just me.
I know but again I go directly back to the arm chair coach argument where these folks may have a loud voice but the loud voice isn't always the best. Maybe it's the ol' coach in me wanting to defend him because I know how much work goes into 1 week of this beautiful game. Even when I was just a lowly GA and then position coach I know how much work we put in. You know me well enough by now I'm not one to back down from a fight and don't always take the popular opinion, but I stand firmly what I believe and what I do know. I'd love to know how much coaching experience Paul Dehner Jr has, does he know what it's like to put in over 100 hrs in a work week cause most of the time that's what these guys are doing. It's week 1 and it was a shitty loss, sure someone has to get the blame so Taylor is the easy target. I'll end by saying Taylor didn't throw 4 INT's in this game, but he did call a good enough game to win and we should have won if it wasn't for some MA's on our FG team. I'll concede to you at this point, I've said my peace and I'm moving forward which I suggest everyone else do as well.