Official Week 1 Steelers Game Thread. It's GO TIME!

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
4256 Hits

Re: Official Week 1 Steelers Game Thread. It's GO TIME!

Post by 4256 Hits » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:04 pm

I still stand by what I said last year. The Bengals made the SB in-spite of Zack Taylor. He just isn't a very good coach (maybe someday he will). Not running the clock all the way down before punt is inexcusable. The FG attempt on 3rd down (should have been going for TD) and not telling holder if high got to spike the ball. Not challenging the Chase TD where his foot was on the line.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:50 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:04 pm
I still stand by what I said last year. The Bengals made the SB in-spite of Zack Taylor. He just isn't a very good coach (maybe someday he will). Not running the clock all the way down before punt is inexcusable. The FG attempt on 3rd down (should have been going for TD) and not telling holder if high got to spike the ball. Not challenging the Chase TD where his foot was on the line.
100% agree.

If there's any silver lining it looks like JJ Twat is out for the year with a torn bicep. Collins will have to be humiliated by a different Steelers DE next time... :roll:

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:00 pm

Was Clark Harris inactive today? Look, God love the guy he's as good as it gets, but you will have a hard time convincing me he couldnt snap a ball 5 yards and not fight through some bicep pain. How bad is the injury??
Seeking Superbowls

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:52 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:50 pm
4256 Hits wrote:
100% agree.

If there's any silver lining it looks like JJ Twat is out for the year with a torn bicep. Collins will have to be humiliated by a different Steelers DE next time... :roll:
Not mad about watt a bit. He's a cheap shot artist and he's cheap shotted Burrow plenty
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:26 pm

By the way. The TE we chose Howard over is hurt and can't play and Howard had 2 TDs today lol!
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:53 pm

So thankful I opted for our church small group over the game. That was a vintage Bungles performance. A few thoughts

-get involved in a small group at a local church that meets during NFL games. It was awesome not watching that trash live. God is good, the bungles are not.
-maaaaybe, just maybe preseason is slightly important?
-there is no way carman can be worse than volson. Granted it was a future HOF with Hayward, but dang he got abuuused. Paging Robert Spain
-the stoolers are a bad football team. That L is going to come back to haunt us
-our D is legit and will be exciting to watch this year. This is a great team who hopefully got a wake up call today
-football is stupid

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:22 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:53 pm
-there is no way carman can be worse than volson. Granted it was a future HOF with Hayward, but dang he got abuuused. Paging Robert Spain
Jackass Cartman was in late in the 4th quarter. I'm not sure when they pulled Vomitson but I saw Cartman in on the final drive of regulation.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:37 am

4256 Hits wrote:
I would push back on this, first bad coaches don't get to the super bowl. Secondly I didn't see Taylor throwing 4 INT's yesterday that was Burrow. I would add that this game should have been won if it wasn't for a SP blocking MA (missed assignment).

I would say not playing the 1's in the pre-season might not have been best but you didn't see any Bengals going down yesterday, it was the Steelers who got injured.

Also I'd say that he was hoping he could get the ball back and play for the win vrs just playing for the tie, I mean we did shut down their offense for the most part all game.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:26 pm

we were in vegas so i coulndt post.

WTF. im chalking that one up to rust. but my thoughts.

1. Burrow looks like he regressed.
2. The oline is not fixed.
3. our defense came to play
4. the stoolers offense is crap.
5. 5 turnovers from our franchise QB and he still wont he game for us..... twice. I <3 JB
6. really? losing because of a long snapper. FML

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:56 pm

orange_black wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:26 pm
6. really? losing because of a long snapper. FML
No we lost because our FG end didn't block the immediate inside threat who blocked a PAT! That's why we lost.