Post by skycruiser » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:15 pm

What the crap is that

MeatHeadbengal

Re: OL Issues

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:36 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:15 pm
What the crap is that
Well it seems to be a way to try to work on a players base... Not sure how well it actually works but it doesn't look good.

Mag

Post by Mag » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:13 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:36 pm
skycruiser wrote:
What the crap is that
Well it seems to be a way to try to work on a players base... Not sure how well it actually works but it doesn't look good.
It is probably one of the reasons why we haven't develop a young OL since Boling (not counting Jonah since he was a top 10 pick, though his development has be a bit slow).

From Duke: "From the ground-up, It’s ingraining bad habits, not realistic foot/ground contact. Strike-timing not realistic. For a player that specifically needs to sync his feet and hands while making a position switch, this is doing him a disservice"

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:37 pm

Mag wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:13 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
skycruiser wrote:
What the crap is that
It is probably one of the reasons why we haven't develop a young OL since Boling (not counting Jonah since he was a top 10 pick, though his development has be a bit slow).

From Duke: "From the ground-up, It’s ingraining bad habits, not realistic foot/ground contact. Strike-timing not realistic. For a player that specifically needs to sync his feet and hands while making a position switch, this is doing him a disservice"
I wouldn't argue that, but I would say that I know I did specific drills with specific guys to strengthen certain areas and this could be on one of those things. Maybe he needed to work on his stability strength, I'm not going to say it's good or bad because I don't know the situations behind the drill and or his goals.

I would also add that I saw similar motions exercises being done with guys who had ankle issues to strengthen that specific area in the training room. Nothing like this on during practice but before for sure.
Last edited by MeatHeadbengal on Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mag

Post by Mag » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:45 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:37 pm
Mag wrote:
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

I wouldn't argue that, but I would say that I know I did specific drills with specific guys to strengthen certain areas and this could be on one of those things. Maybe he needed to work on his stability strength, I'm not going to say it's good or bad because I don't know the situations behind the drill and or his goals.
If you follow that thread, most of the comments from players to trainers say that drill is unhelpful at best and at worse could cause injury. I was told that Adeniji's injury last offseason was due to errors in the team's training method.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:03 pm

Mag wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:45 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:37 pm
Mag wrote:

If you follow that thread, most of the comments from players to trainers say that drill is unhelpful at best and at worse could cause injury. I was told that Adeniji's injury last offseason was due to errors in the team's training method.
I have seen stuff like this during training and the off-season to strengthen areas but nothing ever on the practice field. Also never on both feet usually a half ball and balancing on one foot. If it's more training room I'd have a few questions why not single foot which is more acceptable but I reserve my judgement until I know the whole story.