2022 Camp News & Notes.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: 2022 Camp News & Notes.

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:40 pm

I'm seeing a lot of chatter about Donald being suspended for swinging helmets (yes plural) during a joint practice.

I'm not sure this is even a violation that can result in a suspension since it was at practice.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:24 pm

Yeah, I know both orgs are doing everything they can to sweep this under the rug, but Aaron was going HARD with those helmets. I'm thinking the NFL may have to find a way to get involved here or the indefinite suspension of Myles Garrett means absolutely nothing.

Donald could have seriously effed someone up with that swing and he was clearly using it as a weapon.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:46 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:24 pm
Yeah, I know both orgs are doing everything they can to sweep this under the rug, but Aaron was going HARD with those helmets. I'm thinking the NFL may have to find a way to get involved here or the indefinite suspension of Myles Garrett means absolutely nothing.

Donald could have seriously effed someone up with that swing and he was clearly using it as a weapon.
Roid rage is a terrible thing. :roll:

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:55 pm

Dan Hoard @Danhoard
5 observations from the #Bengals 2nd practice against the Rams:
1. Joe Burrow warmed up by throwing from a wide variety of arm angles. I also asked why he’s added the arm sleeve this year. He grinned and said, “I think it looks good, don’t you?”

2. I thought that Trey Hendrickson was a pass rushing menace both days. He admitted to being too antsy yesterday when he jumped offsides a couple of times, but he was flying around the edge today against Andrew Whitworth’s replacement Joe Noteboom.

3. Joe Burrow was picked off by Troy Hill and Jalen Ramsey today, but also floated a 75-yard TD pass to Ja’Marr Chase.

4. Practice ended about three 11-on-11 plays early due to a nasty brawl.
“Emotions run high,” said Zac Taylor. “You’ve been working together for two days now and it’s just some really competitive guys getting into it a little bit. I think everybody’s healthy so we’ll move on.”

5. Two pics explained:
The first guy won’t look familiar, but he played a huge role in Bengals history.
It’s Rams’ physician Dr. Neal ElAttrache who repaired Joe Burrow’s knee.
The player is former #Bearcats D-lineman Marquise Copeland who is a lock to make the Rams roster.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:20 pm

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 4h
Clubs -- not the NFL -- are responsible for overseeing conduct of players at practice, including joint practices. So fair to say league discipline for Aaron Donald (or anyone else) in today's brouhaha is unlikely.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:33 am

Part of Paul Dehner Jr's article in The Athletic....

It’s over at left guard

Cordell Volson won the job. There was no rotation over the past two days. Jackson Carman didn’t rotate through as the overhauled offensive line played together for the first time. Nope. Volson stood between Jonah Williams and Ted Karras for every snap when the first team went out.

A theme no matter who was asked about the job these last few weeks was a search for consistency, coachability and reliability. Volson may still be learning, but those are the traits that have followed him throughout the draft process and this camp. Coaches have validated it every step of the way. Taylor said, “it’s not over” when asked Wednesday about the battle, but the rule of camp proved otherwise. Don’t listen to what they say, follow the reps. The reps spoke loudly. As did his play.

Volson took his turn getting beaten by Donald and the line as a whole looked like a work in progress playing together for the first time, but as has been the case this entire time, he didn’t look painfully out of place. He looked like he belonged out there.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:23 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:33 am
he didn’t look painfully out of place. He looked like he belonged out there.
This does not surprise me one bit and I think it's the right move.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:20 pm

Sadly not looking completely out of place is an improvement over what we are used to on the OL.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:11 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:20 pm
Sadly not looking completely out of place is an improvement over what we are used to on the OL.
It's a low bar indeed.... 8-)

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:10 pm

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr
Zac Taylor on starting LG Cordell Volson: “I see steady improvement. He’s consistent. We know what we are getting out of him.”

Consistency, reliability were what set him apart in winning this gig.