This is just wrong on so many levels....

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

This is just wrong on so many levels....

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:46 pm

Woody must be spinning in his grave.... 😤

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... c-shakeup/

4256 Hits

Re: This is just wrong on so many levels....

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:37 am

I got to say this is stupid. The point of conferences is to have a bunch of teams that a easy or relatively easy (to lesser degree fans) to travel to games. If not going to have some sort of regional connections just do away with conferences and just let every team schedule who they want.

Think about how many cross country flights volleyball, baseball, and softball will have. Most of these student athletics are actual students that are going to school to earn a degree in a field they will work in someday. This will take even more classroom time away from them.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:12 pm

SC and UCLA showing up to the BIG10.....

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:35 pm

Dennis Dodd @dennisdoddcbs
Sources: Oregon and Washington have been told by
@bigten that it is standing pat for now. Waiting on a decision by Notre Dame.

Scoop.....? 8-)

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:20 pm

Oh, it's coming. Independence was good for preserving a geographically diverse schedule while maintaining important rivalries. Well, with USC in the B1G, the schedule would now be geographically diverse and we'd keep our biggest rivalry. It's time.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:11 pm

So basically it will be the Big 10 vrs SEC and that's it. Might as well do away with the NCAA all together and just make it the farm system semi-pro league it already is.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:00 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:11 pm
So basically it will be the Big 10 vrs SEC and that's it. Might as well do away with the NCAA all together and just make it the farm system semi-pro league it already is.
I agree but the problem with that is that people go and watch the games because of the name on the front and if this happens people might lose connection to name on the front and stop watching.

I for one am much less interested in college football than I was 5 years ago. Having two kids go to OSU and see how badly OSU treats students along with the overall wokeness of OSU/Big 10/NCAA are big factors.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:04 am

4256 Hits wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:00 pm
I for one am much less interested in college football than I was 5 years ago. Having two kids go to OSU and see how badly OSU treats students along with the overall wokeness of OSU/Big 10/NCAA are big factors.
Main campus is a very very awful place now days, I couldn't agree more.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:48 pm

I have one that graduated and hated every minute of it and one that just dropped out after 1 year because it was so bad. She's in tech school for a year and a half and will be making $75k next year when she gets her double certification in materials non-destructive testing. No student debt, no indoctrination, just a good work ethic.

Colleges are literally putting themselves out of business. And there will very quickly be a day of reckoning for some of these larger universities that dont have top tier sports programs. They wont have enrollment money, cant get TV money and wont be able to secure the limited sponsorship budgets that are out there. I foresee many schools picking their sport, or two, and shutting everything else down.

The modern education system is due for a massive overhaul. And I'm glad as hell my kids wont be there to endure it.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:24 pm

Jeff Ermann @Jeff_Ermann
I was told this is - or is close to - the Big Ten's wishlist. But it's a fluid and very well-guarded process (How was the UCLA/USC news kept silent? Amazing.)

So who knows how it'll develop.

1. Notre Dame
2. Oregon
3. Stanford
4. UNC

Source not as confident in UNC as others.