Jackson Carman Rape Allegation Surfaces.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Jackson Carman Rape Allegation Surfaces.

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:37 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:51 am
Meat -

For me it's not about quilty or innocent. It's about the publicity and crap that will come with it. My point is that this team does not need this, like at all. Like I said this is something special with Burrow and company and its just bad vibes and juju I don't want around this team. We've had enough of that in the past and it's time to clear the clouds.
I understand what you're saying, I just don't feel it's fair to just cut someone because of allegations that may or may not be true. I've just seen this destroy young men's lives and the allegations were all lies. We know the police investigated, we know the police didn't find enough evidence of rape, we have to assume at this point he's innocent.

I'll be honest, when I went back to college to play college football we had a police officer and investigator come in and talk to the team every year about this exact subject, because of this I stayed clear of any kind of situation like this and made sure if I was taking a girl home I was dating her and we'd had been dating for a little while so allegations like this wouldn't stick.

It's just a shitty situation period but you have to go with that the police say not what the outrage mob says...

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:02 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:37 am
I understand what you're saying, I just don't feel it's fair to just cut someone because of allegations that may or may not be true. I've just seen this destroy young men's lives and the allegations were all lies. We know the police investigated, we know the police didn't find enough evidence of rape, we have to assume at this point he's innocent.
You're forgetting or overlooking the fact that even if Carman's version of the story is all true he still committed statutory rape. The girl was only 15 when the encounter took place so unless the laws are different in South Carolina she was legally under age and could not lawfully give consent.

Now, you may think 15 is old enough to have sex but regardless of your own personal feelings the laws the law. Why he wasn't charged with this remains a mystery unless the Clemson officials stepped in to squash it or her parents refused to press charges. I expect these and other questions will come out in the next few days.

As JoeB says, it shows poor judgement at the very least and a sense of entitlement hangs over the whole affair like a bad stench.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:15 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:02 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
You're forgetting or overlooking the fact that even if Carman's version of the story is all true he still committed statutory rape. The girl was only 15 when the encounter took place so unless the laws are different in South Carolina she was legally under age and could not lawfully give consent.
What your not seeing or just overlooking is that the police investigated and according to their state law where it happened it wasn't statutory rape. Also with their ages being so close together that has to go into consideration. I would agree with you if Carman was old but being so close in age they obviously didn't break any laws or there would have been charges.

Mag

Post by Mag » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:17 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:02 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

Now, you may think 15 is old enough to have sex but regardless of your own personal feelings the laws the law. Why he wasn't charged with this remains a mystery unless the Clemson officials stepped in to squash it or her parents refused to press charges. I expect these and other questions will come out in the next few days.

As JoeB says, it shows poor judgement at the very least and a sense of entitlement hangs over the whole affair like a bad stench.
Seems age of consent is 16 in that state. Also, was there evidence that he knew she was 15? She suggested she did tell him in the story, but was there proof? I assume, since the police did not pursue the investigation further, that there was little to no evidence to prove statutory rape either.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:35 pm

I would also like to point out that neither ESPN or NFLN has done nothing with this story and you know both those woke sports outlets would be all over this if they could be.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:41 pm

My understanding of the story is that she said she was 15 and he was 18 when it occurred. I've read several articles on the incident and in none of them does Carman or his representatives deny this.

They simply claim they had sex but it was consensual.

And the closeness of the ages is irrelevant. If two 15 year olds have sex its still statutory rape....period. Once again, facts don't care about your personal feelings.

Like I said, more will come out about why he wasn't charged. Either the girl or her parents decided not to press charges or they were pressured into not pressing charges. We'll see.

But some sort of investigation was made at the time, the Police have said as much. Which logically means the authorities were called otherwise who instigated the original investigation...?

This whole thing just smells....

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:47 pm

The Bengals Don’t Want To Talk About Jackson Carman

KALYN KAHLER
10:04 AM EDT on Apr 29, 2022

Last night, Bengals head coach Zac Taylor opened his post–first round press conference with a statement. “First off, I am aware there is a story about Jackson Carman today. I don’t have any comment on that.”

A few hours before the draft kicked off, Defector published a story about a rape allegation reported to Clemson police against Bengals guard Jackson Carman. A 17-year-old girl filed the report in May of 2020, one year before the Bengals selected Carman with their 2021 second-round pick. The incident she reported took place in May of 2018, when she was 15 and Carman was 18. In September of 2020, the county solicitor decided not to charge Carman.

I spoke to 13 employees of NFL clubs (none affiliated with the Bengals) and all 13 said they knew about the rape allegation, but not until early April of last year, late in the draft process. Four NFL teams (Seahawks, Jets, Bears, and Texans) requested the police report from Clemson police, as did three independent investigators working for NFL teams. None of the investigators would reveal which teams they worked for.

At the scouting combine in March, I asked Bengals director of player personnel Duke Tobin if he ever outsourced any background work to consulting firms or investigators during the draft process. He said no, and that his scouts did all their own work.
The allegation and investigation were never covered by the media, so neither Carman nor the Bengals staff have ever been asked about it by any reporters. The Bengals did not respond to our request for comment about what they knew, and did not respond to a request to interview Carman.

So the question remained: What did the Bengals know about Jackson Carman?

Despite Taylor’s opening no-comment, a reporter brought it up again as the final question of this press conference on Thursday night.

“Was the team aware of any sexual assault allegations involving Jackson pre-draft?” a reporter asked.

“I don’t have any comment on that,” Taylor said.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:54 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:47 pm
The Bengals Don’t Want To Talk About Jackson Carman

KALYN KAHLER
10:04 AM EDT on Apr 29, 2022

Last night, Bengals head coach Zac Taylor opened his post–first round press conference with a statement. “First off, I am aware there is a story about Jackson Carman today. I don’t have any comment on that.”

A few hours before the draft kicked off, Defector published a story about a rape allegation reported to Clemson police against Bengals guard Jackson Carman. A 17-year-old girl filed the report in May of 2020, one year before the Bengals selected Carman with their 2021 second-round pick. The incident she reported took place in May of 2018, when she was 15 and Carman was 18. In September of 2020, the county solicitor decided not to charge Carman.

I spoke to 13 employees of NFL clubs (none affiliated with the Bengals) and all 13 said they knew about the rape allegation, but not until early April of last year, late in the draft process. Four NFL teams (Seahawks, Jets, Bears, and Texans) requested the police report from Clemson police, as did three independent investigators working for NFL teams. None of the investigators would reveal which teams they worked for.

At the scouting combine in March, I asked Bengals director of player personnel Duke Tobin if he ever outsourced any background work to consulting firms or investigators during the draft process. He said no, and that his scouts did all their own work.
The allegation and investigation were never covered by the media, so neither Carman nor the Bengals staff have ever been asked about it by any reporters. The Bengals did not respond to our request for comment about what they knew, and did not respond to a request to interview Carman.

So the question remained: What did the Bengals know about Jackson Carman?

Despite Taylor’s opening no-comment, a reporter brought it up again as the final question of this press conference on Thursday night.

“Was the team aware of any sexual assault allegations involving Jackson pre-draft?” a reporter asked.

“I don’t have any comment on that,” Taylor said.
You can post all these you want but it doesn't change anything about the police report which is the only report that matters. Right now you're just being part of the mob and cancel culture.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:13 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:54 pm
You can post all these you want but it doesn't change anything about the police report which is the only report that matters. Right now you're just being part of the mob and cancel culture.
Your basically saying if it was true they would have charged him so since they didn't....it must be a lie.

That's short sighted and just plain ignorant.

DA's make desscions on which cases to prosecute based on whether they have enough evidence to get a conviction not based on whether they believe a charge is true or not.

If a DA is elected what's his opponent going to go after in the next election? His conviction rate, wins vs losses. And if the DA in question is appointed than what's his boss going to hear about? His hand picked DA's conviction rate.

This means a DA needs to weigh whether a given case is worth pursuing and winning, not whether he or the investigating officers personally believe the victim.

They can all absolutely believe this girl is telling the truth but for lack of enough evidence feel they can't get a conviction in court. They also would have taken in to account the fact that they'd be trying to get a conviction against a popular athlete in his home state with most likely a sympathetic jury possibly already pre-dispossed to his side.

You also have to wonder how much pressure the university put on the authorities to hush this up or sweep it under the rug or in some way make it go away.

So the fact that they didn't charge him in no way shape or form means he's not guilty.

As for why the bigger sports media outlets haven't picked this up and run with it all I can imagine is the draft is underway and 99% of their attention is on that.

We'll see where this goes in the coming days but I don't think it's going to go away...

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:30 pm

If anyone hasn't read this entire article please do now. It includes screen caps of the victims texts with Carman at the time that back-up her version of events.

It's a tough read and somewhat graphic but if we're going to debate this story intelligently then everyone needs to know the whole story....

https://defector.com/what-did-the-benga ... on-carman/