Jackson Carman Rape Allegation Surfaces.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Jackson Carman Rape Allegation Surfaces.

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:12 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:43 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:27 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:18 pm

I agree. We got something special going on finally after 30 years with this club and now this!! Fuck Carmen, didn't like the pick last year and a year later I still don't like it.

As Burno said, bad bad bad juju and I hate it for this team. Wait till after the draft, this will blow up big time and this team will be toast my mini camp
From an undisclosed pre-draft injury to a mid-season back injury to a dotted line association with Mag this guy's been trouble since we took him. :evil:
Yeah. Cut his big ass and take our losses and move on.
Over an unproven allegation where the police have already investigated and found not enough evidence to charge anyone. Our system is innocent until proven guilty not vise versa... I'm not defending the guy, but I think it's very ignorant to just assume at this point. Let's not let this turn into another Duke Lacrosse, Tristen Wallace, Brian Banks, Keith Mumphery, Malik St. Hilaire, Marcus Dixon, Shawn Oakman... Innocent until proven guilty that's how our system works, it would be great if people remembered that.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:30 pm

Sorry Meat, the mob has ruled! :twisted:

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:27 am

Correction: The system is “guilty until proven wealthy”

Mag

Post by Mag » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:11 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:27 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:18 pm
TheBurn wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:57 pm
ugh... hate when crap like this comes out, whether true or not it's just bad juju
I agree. We got something special going on finally after 30 years with this club and now this!! Fuck Carmen, didn't like the pick last year and a year later I still don't like it.

As Burno said, bad bad bad juju and I hate it for this team. Wait till after the draft, this will blow up big time and this team will be toast my mini camp
From an undisclosed pre-draft injury to a mid-season back injury to a dotted line association with Mag this guy's been trouble since we took him. :evil:
The back injury was misdiagnosed by Clemson. The team tested him and knew that he had the back issue. That being said, this news of the allegation is troubling (from a football prospective, regardless of the allegation). Based on the article, the team knew there was an allegation and investigation. While he was a talented player, he was barely a 2nd rounder on talent to start. Add in the injury and the investigation, there is no way this team should have drafted him in rd 2. That was a complete screw up by whoever pushed for the pick.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:21 am

You have to wonder if Clemson shoved this allegation under the rug too.

What are your people saying about this Mag....?

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:35 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:21 am

They said this morning on the HTPG pod that his reps were forthcoming and mentioned the allegations back at his pro day. So no, it was not swept under the rug.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:39 am

Scooper wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:35 am
Bengals1 wrote:

They said this morning on the HTPG pod that his reps were forthcoming and mentioned the allegations back at his pro day. So no, it was not swept under the rug.
Okay. Although I'm not sure that's really good news.

Now, instead of "The Bengals are cheap and stupid and don't have the Scouting dept. to catch these things " we'll hear a chorus of, "The Bengals knew he was a degenerate and drafted him anyway".

This is a lose-lose situation.

Mag

Post by Mag » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:06 am

Bengals1 wrote:

Nothing really. I also haven't asked. I just saw the post yesterday, and I didn't want to overstep my relationship over something like this. That being said, when I ask about our guys, talk has mainly centered around Adeniji (Smith is improving, but still needs to get stronger). Sounds like he is the front runner. Now is that a talent/skill issue or is there something else?

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:28 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:39 am
Scooper wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:35 am
Bengals1 wrote:

Okay. Although I'm not sure that's really good news.

Now, instead of "The Bengals are cheap and stupid and don't have the Scouting dept. to catch these things " we'll hear a chorus of, "The Bengals knew he was a degenerate and drafted him anyway".

This is a lose-lose situation.
I agree 100%. And while I understand Meat's point about being innocent until proven guilty, that doesn't mean a team has to draft him. Nobody here is saying he should be locked up. But proven or not, it legitimately raises red flags on character. If they did in fact know about the allegations and still drafted him early, I have a problem with that. Not a deal-breaker type of problem, but I don't have to like everything they do.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:51 am

Meat -

For me it's not about quilty or innocent. It's about the publicity and crap that will come with it. My point is that this team does not need this, like at all. Like I said this is something special with Burrow and company and its just bad vibes and juju I don't want around this team. We've had enough of that in the past and it's time to clear the clouds.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.