Jackson Carman Rape Allegation Surfaces.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Jackson Carman Rape Allegation Surfaces.

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:32 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:13 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:54 pm
You can post all these you want but it doesn't change anything about the police report which is the only report that matters. Right now you're just being part of the mob and cancel culture.
Your basically saying if it was true they would have charged him so since they didn't....it must be a lie.
No what I'm saying is they investigated this for 5 or 6 months according to the article, and they didn't find enough evidence. He passed a polygraph, and according to the article there are some holes in her story, leaving me with more questions about her story then his. Again I'm not trying to take sides I'm just trying to presume innocence until proven guilty because that's how our system works. This article honestly leaves me thinking truth is somewhere in the middle which is usually the case.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:02 pm

Sorry Meat your post is self contradictory.

You say you believe he's innocent until proven guilty then say they couldn't prove him guilty therefore he must be innocent.

No, not having enough evidence to feel you can win a case therefore you don't pursue it is not the same as innocence. Its simply that they felt they couldn't win a judgment against him.

Again, and for the umpteenth time, we'll have to see why they felt they couldn't convict him. Was it because they really believed his side of the story (doubtful) or was it strictly due to lack of evidence or was pressure applied by the university or some other outside source?

There's still a lot of questions that need answering here.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:16 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:02 pm
Sorry Meat your post is self contradictory.

You say you believe he's innocent until proven guilty then say they couldn't prove him guilty therefore he must be innocent.

No, not having enough evidence to feel you can win a case therefore you don't pursue it is not the same as innocence. Its simply that they felt they couldn't win a judgment against him.

Again, and for the umpteenth time, we'll have to see why they felt they couldn't convict him. Was it because they really believed his side of the story (doubtful) or was it strictly due to lack of evidence or was pressure applied by the university or some other outside source?

There's still a lot of questions that need answering here.
Don't be sorry, I know you really aren't. It's not contradicting to presume innocence until proven guilty. No there wasn't enough evidence therefore we have to presume innocence in this case, that's how our system works. So you can continue to post these things but it will not change the facts of the case and that its closed, which means we have to presume him innocent. I've said my peace and if it's not good enough for some that's ok, onto draft day 2.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:58 pm

OJ was found not guilty too but does anyone here really believe he didn't kill his ex-wife and her acquaintance...?

It's interesting to note the Dodgers Trevor Bauer was just suspended for 2-years based on allegations he sexual abused a woman. A charge the DA in the case refused to prosecute because of lack of evidence.

Hmmmm.....

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-suspends-t ... 53304.html

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:34 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:30 pm
If anyone hasn't read this entire article please do now. It includes screen caps of the victims texts with Carman at the time that back-up her version of events.

It's a tough read and somewhat graphic but if we're going to debate this story intelligently then everyone needs to know the whole story....

https://defector.com/what-did-the-benga ... on-carman/
Damn that is a crazy long story on a back-up OL guy for a small market team.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:10 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:34 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
If anyone hasn't read this entire article please do now. It includes screen caps of the victims texts with Carman at the time that back-up her version of events.

It's a tough read and somewhat graphic but if we're going to debate this story intelligently then everyone needs to know the whole story....

Sports Illustrated has published a story on it now. Nothing new per' se but it answers Meats earlier question about why none of the mainstream sports media are talking about it

Mag

Post by Mag » Sun May 01, 2022 9:22 am

4256 Hits wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:34 pm
Bengals1 wrote:

Bengals won the AFC and nearly the SB. Yet this article had to point out that we have a shit owner and shitty scouting dept. Seems like a hit job to bring down the darlings of 2021.

Meat has it right. The case was investigated by authorities, and nothing came of it. I'm sorry B1, but the OJ comparison is a bit much. For every OJ, there are as many, if not more, cases where someone is falsely accused. Remember the Banks kid? Was supposed to be a top recruit to one of the Georgia schools, I think. A young girl he knew in high school accused him of rape. He got 10 years in prison. Later she recanted her story. I think it had something to do with her father finding out she had sex and she didn't want to disappoint him. Of course, Banks lost out on a college scholarship, a potential NFL career, and 10 years of his youth. Plus God knows what he went through in prison. Yes we should listen to the alleged victims, but we also must presume innocence until proven guilty.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Mon May 02, 2022 5:12 pm

Once the league steps in and says something about it, then the Bengals need to have a plan an address it. I don't think the league has commented yet.