Bengal Transactions

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengal Transactions

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:28 pm

Interesting.....

NFL NEWS
@Nflnews
The #Bengals have Made A Very strong offer to Star CB Stephon Gilmore.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:37 pm

Heard we signed WR Stanley Morgan to a 2 year deal.

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:07 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:28 pm
Interesting.....

NFL NEWS
@Nflnews
This is a random click bait account. No reliable source is claiming the Bengals are involved.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:01 pm

Scooper wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:07 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Interesting.....

NFL NEWS
@Nflnews
This is a random click bait account. No reliable source is claiming the Bengals are involved.
This is from this past Saturday...

Evan Massey @massey_evan
The #Raiders are still considered the favorites to sign cornerback Stephon Gilmore, per source, and have a strong offer on the table. But, there are still other teams in play, including the #Bengals. A decision should come soon.

Evan Massey - Featured on Forbes, ESPN, Yahoo!, Fox Sports, SI, B/R. Insider for @HoopAnalysisNet

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:26 pm

Hmmmm.....more click bait.... :roll:

Bengals Wire
Bengals' Mike Hilton recruits free agent Stephon Gilmore

Cornerback Mike Hilton has been one of the biggest recruiters for the Cincinnati Bengals over the last few seasons.

And even after the big La’el Collins addition, he’s got his sights on another big name — Stephon Gilmore.

We already analyzed why the Bengals should or shouldn’t be in on the veteran cornerback. But Hilton decided to put his Twitter account to use by publicly recruiting Gilmore.

Gilmore, set to be 32 years old next year, is a former elite player who still has something to offer in the right situation.

But there hasn’t been anything concrete linking the Bengals to him other than the fact they still might want to upgrade the No. 2 corner spot even after re-signing Eli Apple.

Well, besides Hilton’s tweet, of course:

MIKE HILTON @MikeHilton_28
@BumpNrunGilmore got a spot for ya!

Pro Football Network:
Stephon Gilmore Rumors: Will the Bengals, Chiefs, or Chargers sign the former All-Pro corner?

Gilmore could be another addition and a great one at that. Cincinnati played well but had a few holes in coverage, with many coming from Eli Apple. Gilmore would be a great option as the primary CB while letting Mike Hilton stay in the slot. Rumors are the Bengals have already made a competitive offer.

And we all know what kind of click bait site Sports Illustrated is....

Bengals Interested in Former All-Pro Cornerback Stephon Gilmore
Multiple teams are making a push to sign the 31-year-old.

Cincinnati is interested in former Bills, Patriots and Panthers cornerback Stephon Gilmore according to NFL insider Evan Massey.

The 31-year-old is a two-time All-Pro and five-time Pro Bowler. He's considered the top cornerback remaining on the free agent market.

The Raiders are still considered the favorites to sign cornerback Stephon Gilmore and have a strong offer on the table" . There are still other teams in play, including the Bengals. A decision should come soon.

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:04 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:01 pm
Scooper wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:07 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Interesting.....

NFL NEWS
@Nflnews
This is from this past Saturday...

Evan Massey @massey_evan
The #Raiders are still considered the favorites to sign cornerback Stephon Gilmore, per source, and have a strong offer on the table. But, there are still other teams in play, including the #Bengals. A decision should come soon.

Evan Massey - Featured on Forbes, ESPN, Yahoo!, Fox Sports, SI, B/R. Insider for @HoopAnalysisNet
Yes. Any real sources are from before they landed Collins. They aren't getting Gilmore, too. I'd love to be wrong.

That particular account is a click bait account with no real sources or ties to the NFL or real media, if you look at it.

Again, I'm happy to be wrong, here, but there have been no real ties since the weekend.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:27 pm

Scooper wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:04 pm
Yes. Any real sources are from before they landed Collins. They aren't getting Gilmore, too. I'd love to be wrong.

That particular account is a click bait account with no real sources or ties to the NFL or real media, if you look at it.

Again, I'm happy to be wrong, here, but there have been no real ties since the weekend.
I don't see how we can afford him either but several Bengal and NFL writers have linked us to the attempt. I know Lindsay Patterson has mentioned it several times over the past few days.

If SI is putting it on their website they must have what they at least consider a reliable source.

The story at least, is out there. Whether we actually land him is a separate issue....

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:43 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:27 pm
Scooper wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:04 pm

I don't see how we can afford him either but several Bengal and NFL writers have linked us to the attempt. I know Lindsay Patterson has mentioned it several times over the past few days.

If SI is putting it on their website they must have what they at least consider a reliable source.

The story at least, is out there. Whether we actually land him is a separate issue....
Are any of them more recent than Sunday?

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:48 pm

Scooper wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:43 pm
I saw one this morning from either Patterson or Dehner but they were saying they doubted it would happen. They may simply have been responding to earlier reports.

Although to be fair, why respond on Tuesday to reports from the past weekend? This leads me to believe the story has some legs....

Hah! As soon as I clicked over to Twitter....

All Bengals @AllBengals 13 minutes ago
Mike Hilton isn't afraid to take a BIG swing. He appears to be recruiting top free agent cornerback.

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:56 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:48 pm
Scooper wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:43 pm
I saw one this morning from either Patterson or Dehner but they were saying they doubted it would happen. They may simply have been responding to earlier reports.

Although to be fair, why respond on Tuesday to reports from the past weekend? This leads me to believe the story has some legs....

Hah! As soon as I clicked over to Twitter....

All Bengals @AllBengals 13 minutes ago
Mike Hilton isn't afraid to take a BIG swing. He appears to be recruiting top free agent cornerback.
Nope. Nothing from Paul since the weekend, even responding to other tweets. There was one tweet from Lindsay, also calling out that same account I called click bait, basically saying the same thing.
If Nflnews365247 says it - it must be true.