Bengal Transactions

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Bengal Transactions

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:02 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:58 pm
Anything else on y’all’s FA wish list?
Would like a CB2 to start opposite Awuze. Imagine going into the draft and not giving 2 fucks except drafting best players available.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:37 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Maybe another interior lineman in case Carman doesn't work out. Maybe resign Spain or Hopkins.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:43 pm

So much winning.... :twisted:

Jeremy Fowler @JFowlerESPN
#Broncos, too. They were heavily involved RT
@JFowlerESPN
: #Patriots made a competitive offer for La’el Collins and the #Panthers were in the thick of it, too, I’m told. But he’s headed to Cincinnati, per
@AdamSchefter
Bengals had inside track and held onto it.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:45 pm

Zoo wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:37 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Maybe another interior lineman in case Carman doesn't work out. Maybe resign Spain or Hopkins.
I suspect they'll draft another Lineman but not in the early rounds.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:04 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:54 pm
Zoo wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:30 pm
No, only Hopkins is a former Bengal. Waynes is currently still on the roster.
Perhaps they're waiting to sign his replacement first.... :?
That's exactly what I was thinking... So maybe there is teeth to that Gilmore rumor.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:14 am

I don't see the Bengals ending up with Gilmore. He's supposedly got an offer from the Raiders already and I'm not sure I can see the Bengals beating the Raiders with a better offer given Gilmore's age.

From Paul Dehner of The Athletic today. Notice what all of these players that the Bengals have signed to significant deals have in common.

La'El Collins - 28
Ted Karras - 29
Alex Cappa - 27
BJ Hill - 26
Hayden Hurst - 28
Josh Tupou - 27
Eli Apple - 26

Players signed last year

Trey Hendrickson - 26
DJ Reader - 25
Vonn Bell - 25
Mike Hilton - 27
Chidobe Awuzie - 26

The only player over 30 that they signed was Riley Reiff and it was just a one year deal to get somebody in at the position.

I think they'd happily bring Gilmore in for the right contract, but I think other teams, like the Raiders, are probably willing to offer Gilmore more money or more years than the Bengals would offer. We'll see.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:35 am

Jmble wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:14 am
I don't see the Bengals ending up with Gilmore. He's supposedly got an offer from the Raiders already and I'm not sure I can see the Bengals beating the Raiders with a better offer given Gilmore's age.

From Paul Dehner of The Athletic today. Notice what all of these players that the Bengals have signed to significant deals have in common.

La'El Collins - 28
Ted Karras - 29
Alex Cappa - 27
BJ Hill - 26
Hayden Hurst - 28
Josh Tupou - 27
Eli Apple - 26

Players signed last year

Trey Hendrickson - 26
DJ Reader - 25
Vonn Bell - 25
Mike Hilton - 27
Chidobe Awuzie - 26

The only player over 30 that they signed was Riley Reiff and it was just a one year deal to get somebody in at the position.

I think they'd happily bring Gilmore in for the right contract, but I think other teams, like the Raiders, are probably willing to offer Gilmore more money or more years than the Bengals would offer. We'll see.
I totally agree with this and was a little surprised honestly that we got tagged to him. With that being said I'm not really sure who's left at CB that fits this mold. I honestly believe they wanted to get O-line in FA so that would free up our options at 31, and maybe CB is what they are hoping will fall there.

Aceking
Site Admin

Post by Aceking » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:27 pm

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:11 am

The Bengals announced that they have re-signed restricted free agent Fred Johnson to a one year contract.

half hour later - the Bengals have waived OL Fred Johnson.

From Paul Dehner Jr
I thought his RFA tender was weird originally because I never envisioned Johnson in their plans. So as much as an odd move like this can, I suppose this makes sense. Will have to figure out if it was roster gymnastics, loophole or something else.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:48 am

Jmble wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:11 am
The Bengals announced that they have re-signed restricted free agent Fred Johnson to a one year contract.

half hour later - the Bengals have waived OL Fred Johnson.

From Paul Dehner Jr
I thought his RFA tender was weird originally because I never envisioned Johnson in their plans. So as much as an odd move like this can, I suppose this makes sense. Will have to figure out if it was roster gymnastics, loophole or something else.
I was stunned when I posted about it originally. Didnt make any sense to me either. Glad we have the opportunity to cut bait with old "Turnstile Fred"
Seeking Superbowls