Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Zoo

Re: 2022 Free Agency News & Chatter

Post by Zoo » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:58 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:55 pm
Jmble wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:46 pm
Not sure what this will mean for CJ Uzomah, but the Seahawks resigned TE Will Dissly at 3 years / 24 mil.

He's essentially their second Tight End after trading for Noah Fant. Was targeted 26 times last year with 21 receptions for 231 yards and a touchdown.
It means he'll get paid a little more than he might be worth, even at the expense of not bringing in Gronk (which I truly believe the staff doesn't want to do) and then they look at the draft. Gronk is just a distraction at this point. And with all the weapons we do have, how would you ever get him the stats to justify his contract?
Out of curiosity, why do you suggest Gronkowski is a distraction?

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:00 pm

JC Jackson going to the Chargers. Five years 82.5 mil. 40 mil guaranteed.

We were not going to spend that.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:03 pm

Zoo wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:58 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Jmble wrote:
Not sure what this will mean for CJ Uzomah, but the Seahawks resigned TE Will Dissly at 3 years / 24 mil.

He's essentially their second Tight End after trading for Noah Fant. Was targeted 26 times last year with 21 receptions for 231 yards and a touchdown.
It means he'll get paid a little more than he might be worth, even at the expense of not bringing in Gronk (which I truly believe the staff doesn't want to do) and then they look at the draft. Gronk is just a distraction at this point. And with all the weapons we do have, how would you ever get him the stats to justify his contract?
I understand disliking Gronk for his off field personality, but the guy isn't a distraction. He plays hard and would be a huge weapon in the endzone for a team that had trouble turning Field Goals into Touchdowns last year.

I'd imagine Gronk will go back to Brady though, so it probably won't make much of a difference.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:06 pm

Jmble wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:03 pm
Zoo wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:

I understand disliking Gronk for his off field personality, but the guy isn't a distraction. He plays hard and would be a huge weapon in the endzone for a team that had trouble turning Field Goals into Touchdowns last year.

I'd imagine Gronk will go back to Brady though, so it probably won't make much of a difference.
We sign Gronk and literally our RedZone issues are over!

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:07 pm

Zoo wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:
Jmble wrote:

While it may not be intentional, it's the blend of the media he commands, his social "buzz", and all the noise that would come with his roster spot. Who really wants to answer questions about the number of targets he gets vs CJ? And do you really think Gronk would be happy with 1 catch week after week between Mixon's 30+ touches and Burrow's targets for 3 top tier WR's there just aren't enough plays to go around. Why would we pay him for that? Either go with CJ or go with Gronk. But I don't think it's a good idea to let your locker room leader go in favor of a guy you really don't know.
Seeking Superbowls

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:07 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:06 pm
Jmble wrote:
Zoo wrote:

You did not just say that....... :roll:
Seeking Superbowls

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:17 pm

NFL Rumors 
@nflrums
·
56s
Stephon Gilmore is getting interest from the #Panthers #49ers #Bengals and #Raiders.
#NFLRumors
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:42 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:07 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:06 pm
Jmble wrote:

You did not just say that....... :roll:
I did cause you look at his red zone production and you realize he's a beast! Seriously if you don't see that you need to re-exam Gronk's tape.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:43 pm

NFL Rumors 
@nflrums
#Cowboys likely to release RT La’el Collins

I don't think the organization ever wanted him. Atleast the Cowboys would have taken a 5th or 6th rounder for him before releasing him right?
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:46 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:43 pm
NFL Rumors 
@nflrums
#Cowboys likely to release RT La’el Collins

I don't think the organization ever wanted him. Atleast the Cowboys would have taken a 5th or 6th rounder for him before releasing him right?
a 6th rounder would be 100% worth this guy! However if Paulk doesn't want this guy he know's him better then anyone! I'd take his word on it.