2022 Free Agency News & Chatter

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: 2022 Free Agency News & Chatter

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:02 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:01 pm
I was reading that we should have roughly $35-ish million in cap space left after cutting Waynes and assuming Hopkins gets axed as well. That is PLENTY of cash to go grab a couple more top tier FA's. C'mon Mikey....LFG!!!!!
I "like" the signings we've done, but I don't think we're better than last year. We've improved the online, but as a team we haven't had that Hendrickson signing, we've haven't had that Reader signing, or Hilton. I know people are going to say the oline makes us better, I get it, but I just don't feel like we are doing enough to make another SB run. While we might have a good team, remember, the chiefs, chargers,, rats are getting better and they weren't far behind us as a team. Think we need that 1 or 2 more splashes in FA for me to feel better.

We're atill extremely weak at TE, Corner can be improved. I don't wanna see apple play the opposite starting corner for 17 games next year. We are still extremely weak at RT,.as well. I know we still have the draft, but for some reason I just need more right now.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:06 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:02 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
I was reading that we should have roughly $35-ish million in cap space left after cutting Waynes and assuming Hopkins gets axed as well. That is PLENTY of cash to go grab a couple more top tier FA's. C'mon Mikey....LFG!!!!!
I "like" the signings we've done, but I don't think we're better than last year. We've improved the online, but as a team we haven't had that Hendrickson signing, we've haven't had that Reader signing, or Hilton. I know people are going to say the oline makes us better, I get it, but I just don't feel like we are doing enough to make another SB run. While we might have a good team, remember, the chiefs, chargers,, rats are getting better and they weren't far behind us as a team. Think we need that 1 or 2 more splashes in FA for me to feel better.

We're atill extremely weak at TE, Corner can be improved. I don't wanna see apple play the opposite starting corner for 17 games next year. We are still extremely weak at RT,.as well. I know we still have the draft, but for some reason I just need more right now.
I needed more simply because it was there to be had!! I really hope we didn't miss the boat on something and we find out two weeks from now that Mikey needed to buy new seat covers for the Lumina.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:28 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:06 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:02 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:

I needed more simply because it was there to be had!! I really hope we didn't miss the boat on something and we find out two weeks from now that Mikey needed to buy new seat covers for the Lumina.
To be honest there's still a lot of Big names still out there. It seems like this FA has been a bit slower this season then most. It could be since we were the first one's to act on Cappa we're all sitting here wanting the next bite when it may not come for a few days and we're all still hungry. I get it but we still have lots of time to figure out what's going on with this team and there's a lot of FA's still out there. I think this team has a plan, surprising yes, and they're just going to keep working that plan.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:47 pm

Ian Rapoport @Rapsheet
Von Miller gets a 6-year deal for $120M from the #Bills, source said.

Ian Rapoport @Rapsheet
The #Bills aren’t done. Source said they are signing former #Bucs TE OJ Howard

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:52 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:47 pm
Ian Rapoport @Rapsheet
🤔
And they just signed OJ Howard.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:14 pm

Gronk basically saying he heading back to Bucs.

We are going to be extremely poor at TE. See more Ints for Burrow cause he'll have absolutely no one to check down too. He'll have to chuck it if he gets in trouble.

And like I said, this is a very poor draft for TEs. The number 1 ranked TE in the draft had just 1 TD last season in college.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:40 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Ian Rapoport @Rapsheet
Wow that is crazy money 33 year old LB. That is not even close to the player he was a handful of years ago. Big cap hit coming when they cut him in a couple of years. Good news for Bengals fans as the Bills will be one of the teams playing to win AFC.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:52 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:14 pm
Gronk basically saying he heading back to Bucs.

We are going to be extremely poor at TE. See more Ints for Burrow cause he'll have absolutely no one to check down too. He'll have to chuck it if he gets in trouble.

And like I said, this is a very poor draft for TEs. The number 1 ranked TE in the draft had just 1 TD last season in college.
If the Browns release Hooper we should make a run at him. He didn't do much for them, but was pretty solid when he played for the Falcons.
I'm also warming to the the idea of Ruckert from OSU. A solid 3 down tight end. He's not going to stretch the field. But, he'll make the tough catches according to his profile.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:57 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Ian Rapoport @Rapsheet

Ian Rapoport @Rapsheet
17 millions a year for Von Miller, seriously how are they able to afford this? That's insane.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:40 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:57 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Ian Rapoport @Rapsheet

Ian Rapoport @Rapsheet
17 millions a year for Von Miller, seriously how are they able to afford this? That's insane.
Plus he's getting 120M contract up until he's 39 years old.... as a LB/Edge...lol.

Cap hell for the bills coming soon.