Top Offensive Line Free Agents per PFF

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
4256 Hits

Re: Top Offensive Line Free Agents per PFF

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:58 pm

Jmble wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:36 am
Here are the names to get to know. I stopped when I got to Quinton Spain. Reiff and Spain are pretty far down the list, but I figured they are worst case scenarios that would be acceptable so I didn't feel the need to keep going once I got there.
You are wrong those two would not be acceptable options. Need to have at least 3 new/better starters on OL next year. I would prefer 4. Use all cap space on OL and this offense can score 35 a game.

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:10 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:11 pm
Jmble wrote:
38 Connor Williams – Guard Dallas 24.7 years old
Projected Contract - 3 yrs — $6.67m avg/yr
$12.5m guaranteed, $20m total

STARTING GUARD: While Williams has done most of his damage in a zone-heavy scheme, he's an effective puller and he's capable of executing any block required in a gap-heavy system as well. In pass protection, he could use help against longer players.
Personally I'd really like to make a play on this guy. We are a heavy zone scheme type team.
I feel like he'd be a weapon in the screen game, too.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:01 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:58 pm
Jmble wrote:
Here are the names to get to know. I stopped when I got to Quinton Spain. Reiff and Spain are pretty far down the list, but I figured they are worst case scenarios that would be acceptable so I didn't feel the need to keep going once I got there.
You are wrong those two would not be acceptable options. Need to have at least 3 new/better starters on OL next year. I would prefer 4. Use all cap space on OL and this offense can score 35 a game.
I don’t think it would be a good situation to sign both but if we upgrade a couple of positions and have to settle with bringing one back, it would be understandable. 3 new starters? Maybe. 4 new starters? I can tell you now that isn’t happening.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:02 pm

I'm starting to like the idea of making a run at Teron Armstead. I can't see any scenario other than money to keep him a Saint. They don't really have a proven quarterback. Alvin Kamara should be suspended.
Switch Jonah over to RT.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:57 pm

Zoo wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:02 pm
I'm starting to like the idea of making a run at Teron Armstead. I can't see any scenario other than money to keep him a Saint. They don't really have a proven quarterback. Alvin Kamara should be suspended.
Switch Jonah over to RT.
The Tackles aren't the issue Zoo. Moving Jonah around is just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

We need to address the interior of the Offensive line. And any money or energy spent elsewhere right now is money and energy wasted. 😤

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:08 pm

Hopkins played much better down the stretch as his knee healed. I bet the draft a center in mid rounds and five Hopkins another year

2 mid range starting guards and Reiff resigned would be a slam dunk off-season

That would free them up to go CB or DT at 1 if the right guy fell. But do think they’ll spend 3-4 of our picks on OL

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:42 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:57 pm
Zoo wrote:
Switch Jonah over to RT.
The Tackles aren't the issue Zoo. Moving Jonah around is just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

We need to address the interior of the Offensive line. And any money or energy spent elsewhere right now is money and energy wasted. 😤
B1's right here, the blind squarrel finds a nut, and the problem is overwhelmingly the guards. Hopkins I'll admit played much better as the season went on and should be enough to start next season. However each G spot needs at the very least 2 new faces to compete with the guys we have and let the best man win! If Carman and our guys develop into viable starters there that's great if not we have brought in guys to take their place and be viable starters.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:47 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:08 pm
2 mid range starting guards and Reiff resigned would be a slam dunk off-season

That would free them up to go CB or DT at 1 if the right guy fell.
Preach it brother Cruiser!

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:31 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Zoo wrote:
Switch Jonah over to RT.

I agree with Zoo under the assumption we dont resign Reiff, whatever the reason may be. You get Armstead and never look back. Move Williams to RT where he should have a much easier time developing to his potential.

I think they are sold on Carmen at RG with another training camp in front of him. So I think if they can grab Connor Williams and replace the left side of the line that would be an unbelievable achievement.

Armstead, Williams, Hopkins, Jackson, Williams. Thats a Cowboy-esque road grader line. I think JB and Mix would be smiling for a long time.
Last edited by stripesincarolina on Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seeking Superbowls

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:50 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:42 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Zoo wrote:
Switch Jonah over to RT.

B1's right here, the blind squarrel finds a nut, and the problem is overwhelmingly the guards. Hopkins I'll admit played much better as the season went on and should be enough to start next season. However each G spot needs at the very least 2 new faces to compete with the guys we have and let the best man win! If Carman and our guys develop into viable starters there that's great if not we have brought in guys to take their place and be viable starters.
Never said tackles were the problem. Based on the fact other than Scherff the top available guards are currently from playoff contenders. That's one of the reasons I'm liking Norwell from Jacksonville at guard. I'm just saying if you have the chance to get one of the best left tackles in the league, why not at least ponder it. Maybe you wind up with the best right tackle in the process.