Depth Chart/Needs/etc

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Mag

Re: Depth Chart/Needs/etc

Post by Mag » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:36 pm

So I ran a simulation on Fanspeak. I doubt it is all that accurate, but it gives you a good idea of cap hits based on expected salaries. I was able to get one blue chip OT 19M/yr and a 2nd tier G at about 10M/yr. Both guys only caused 20M in total cap hit. I was still able to get Bates, Usomah, Hill, Ogunjobi, and Brandon Allen back with 20M+ to spare for scrubs and carryover (need to think about squirreling away money to extend Burrow, Higgins, Chase, Wilson, ETC). In my scenario OL ends up being:

LT: Brown, Smith
LG: Carmen, Adeneji
C: Hopkins, Zion Johnson (R),
RG: Corbett, Hill
RT: Williams, Prince.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:42 pm

Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:36 pm
So I ran a simulation on Fanspeak. I doubt it is all that accurate, but it gives you a good idea of cap hits based on expected salaries. I was able to get one blue chip OT 19M/yr and a 2nd tier G at about 10M/yr. Both guys only caused 20M in total cap hit. I was still able to get Bates, Usomah, Hill, Ogunjobi, and Brandon Allen back with 20M+ to spare for scrubs and carryover (need to think about squirreling away money to extend Burrow, Higgins, Chase, Wilson, ETC). In my scenario OL ends up being:

Hill's the worst O-lineman we have, he will and should not be here much longer.

Mag

Post by Mag » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:42 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:30 pm
Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:29 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:21 pm

I'm sorry if Mag explained this in another post already, I must not have caught it. What kind of injury did Carmen have exactly...?
Lower back.
And again, forgive me if this was explained earlier but did he have this injury coming out of college...?
Yes. Team should've caught it and not drafted him that high. Apparently, they were assured he would recover well enough and fast enough for it to not be an issue, but they were wrong.

Mag

Post by Mag » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:44 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:42 pm
Mag wrote:

That is why I drafted Zion. I will give these guys enough of a chance to improve this offseason, but he is definitely on the bubble.

Mag

Post by Mag » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:45 pm

I wanted to re-sign Spain to compete with Carmen, but the fucker wanted to much money according to that simulator. :lol:

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:49 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:17 am

Yes, Apple played decent honestly, but I feel he's the riskiest of all CBS and we need another solid CB to go with Awuze, Hilton and another solid piece there would help tremendously.
I've been pretty vocal about how well Apple has played towards the end of the year and even in the playoffs coming up with some big plays. However I'm not a fan of his off the field issues and his tweeting. For this I hope he's no longer a part of this team in the fall. There are other Vets out there we could bring in and resurrect their careers.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:51 pm

Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:44 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mag wrote:

That is why I drafted Zion. I will give these guys enough of a chance to improve this offseason, but he is definitely on the bubble.
My apologies I missed that. Personally from watching Hill this year he either needs to get night a day better or get out of the way for more talented players. He honestly looks like he does about the same job I would do out there and that's not good at all.

Mag

Post by Mag » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:53 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:49 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:17 am

Yes, Apple played decent honestly, but I feel he's the riskiest of all CBS and we need another solid CB to go with Awuze, Hilton and another solid piece there would help tremendously.
I've been pretty vocal about how well Apple has played towards the end of the year and even in the playoffs coming up with some big plays. However I'm not a fan of his off the field issues and his tweeting. For this I hope he's no longer a part of this team in the fall. There are other Vets out there we could bring in and resurrect their careers.
I am fine whether he stays or goes. It comes down to how he fits chemistry-wise. That goes with anyone else. Chemistry was the biggest reason for our success this year. A significant % of the team played with Joe at either OSU or LSU. Continuing to go that direction is fine with me.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:13 pm

Mag wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:30 pm
Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:29 pm

Lower back.
And again, forgive me if this was explained earlier but did he have this injury coming out of college...?
Yes. Team should've caught it and not drafted him that high. Apparently, they were assured he would recover well enough and fast enough for it to not be an issue, but they were wrong.
Okay, thanks for the clarity. I recall JoeB posting a tirade about our doctors not catching it and how typical etc....

But I wasn't totally clear on the background. :oops:

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:34 pm

Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:45 pm
I wanted to re-sign Spain to compete with Carmen, but the fucker wanted to much money according to that simulator. :lol:
He is forever on my shit list for missing his block on the last play of the game. He blocks Donald to the outside he gets Hopkins' help on the inside, Joe Brrrrr finds either CJ for a first down or Chase wide open for the game winner. Instead Spain just flat missed his assignment and Hopkins stands there twiddling his thumbs while Burrow gets sacked......again.

I'll go with a better vet FA please to help Williams grow a pair on the left side.
Seeking Superbowls