Re: Super Bowl LVI Game Thread.

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:39 pm

Scooper wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:36 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:27 pm
Rehabbing with a Super Bowl ring will be much easier.... :roll:

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
#Rams WR Odell Beckham Jr is believed to have torn his ACL in last night’s Super Bowl win, source said. That means a long road of recovery for the free agent, who has a challenge to be ready for 2022. Beckham had 2 catches for 52 yards, 1 TD and 1 moonwalk before the injury.
That game hurt, but seeing Whitworth win one while picturing Browns fans languishing over watching OBJ win one does provide just a touch of relief.
In all honesty Karma got Beckham in the end, what he did to leave Cleveland he didn't deserve to be in that game yesterday. I don't wish ill upon people but I don't feel bad for him and his injury.

Congrats to Whit and Stafford for finally getting what they long deserved though.

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:51 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:39 pm
Scooper wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:27 pm
Rehabbing with a Super Bowl ring will be much easier.... :roll:

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
#Rams WR Odell Beckham Jr is believed to have torn his ACL in last night’s Super Bowl win, source said. That means a long road of recovery for the free agent, who has a challenge to be ready for 2022. Beckham had 2 catches for 52 yards, 1 TD and 1 moonwalk before the injury.
That game hurt, but seeing Whitworth win one while picturing Browns fans languishing over watching OBJ win one does provide just a touch of relief.
In all honesty Karma got Beckham in the end, what he did to leave Cleveland he didn't deserve to be in that game yesterday. I don't wish ill upon people but I don't feel bad for him and his injury.

Congrats to Whit and Stafford for finally getting what they long deserved though.
He didn't deserve it, but neither does Cleveland deserve a Superbowl. They are not mutually exclusive.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:13 pm

Scooper wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:51 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:39 pm
Scooper wrote:

He didn't deserve it, but neither does Cleveland deserve a Superbowl. They are not mutually exclusive.
For what he did in Cleveland he sure did.

Mag

Post by Mag » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:40 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:42 pm
BTW, just for the record, I have nothing against Carmen. He may turn out to be a great pick at either Guard or Tackle. If what Mag is saying he heard is 100% accurate and he was injured previously then that's not his fault.

I hope for our sake he turns out fine. I'm just repeating what I read on-line, that the team did not expect to be able to resign Reiff after this season and that Carmen was taken with an eye to trying him out at Guard and then moving him to RT next year.

Maybe his inability to play much this season has changed their minds, we'll see....
The status of Reiff being a one and done RT is not dependent on the status of Carmen. They could decide to bring him back if he proved he still had gas left. They could look again in FA, or they could grab a guy in another deep OL draft.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:13 pm

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail. :roll:

Lars Anderson (@LarsAnderson71)
Chase was wide, wide open for a touchdown. He beat Ramsey, who fell down. Open by 20 yards for a TD. Burrow just needed one more second—seriously, ONE MORE SECOND—and it's a TD and the Bengals probably win. Amazing how the season can be distilled into one play and one second.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:25 pm

I said at the beginning of the season that 4 to maybe 6 games this team would win. Mid season I said all I wanted was a competitive team. A team that could compete and beat teams like the Packers, Bucs, Ravens, Cowboys, and teams like the Chiefs. Well we did (some of the teams, others we didn't play). Did I think we were going to go to the super bowl? Hell no! Do I think we have a competitive team now? Hell yes! I believe this team can compete to be a top 6 or 8 team in the next few years. But we have to be smart. What a frigging free agent sign Hendrickson was! Without this dude we may have not made it as far as we did. What a pick in Chase! I know for a fact without him we don't get were we was! Prove me wrong! Keep being smart. Keep looking for players that can make a difference. Remember the days when we had a top 5 pick every year and they never made a difference? I do! We need to keep main core of our upcoming free agents. Sign 2 or 3 that can contribute and continue to draft well. BPA, period. No more reaching for need.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:46 pm

well it was a busy wekeend for me ... hosting a huge bash....

im still.... sad.... really thought we had this one..... the party was bumping.... food was great.. beer was plenty..... i thought this was gonna be the crowning moment... finally.

im not even angry. its been just a magical season. i love this team. i dont want the season to end.

on to next year! we have GOT to fix the oline.... i truly believe if we fix the oline, burrow unstoppable.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:56 pm

Grabbing the hot sauce again.....

Now there is a pic out there of the last play of the game that shows Aaron Donald a half yard offsides and they didnt call it. That should have been first down, with two T/Os well within Money Macs range. The hits just keep on coming. :x
Seeking Superbowls

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:09 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:56 pm

Now there is a pic out there of the last play of the game that shows Aaron Donald a half yard offsides and they didnt call it. That should have been first down, with two T/Os well within Money Macs range. The hits just keep on coming. :x
Yeah. Multiple times Donald's was off sides. Unreal
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:33 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:56 pm

I just watched the last series again. Don't think Donald was offsides on the last play. I also think Perine may have gotten the first down. Was hard to tell because of the logo. If you watch it closely where the ball starts ( Hopkins hand) and where the ball needs to go ( Flag on far side). It looks like he made it. At least should have gotten a review.