Super Bowl LVI Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Super Bowl LVI Game Thread.

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:42 pm

BTW, just for the record, I have nothing against Carmen. He may turn out to be a great pick at either Guard or Tackle. If what Mag is saying he heard is 100% accurate and he was injured previously then that's not his fault.

I hope for our sake he turns out fine. I'm just repeating what I read on-line, that the team did not expect to be able to resign Reiff after this season and that Carmen was taken with an eye to trying him out at Guard and then moving him to RT next year.

Maybe his inability to play much this season has changed their minds, we'll see....

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:45 pm

Just saw a pic from Dehner's Twitter feed that shows Chase behind Ramsey on the 4th and 1 play to end it. Ramsey fell down and Chase would have had an easy TD for the win......if Burrow had 1 more second. I did not see that replay last night, thankfully, or I may have not slept at all. So.Damn.Close. :cry:
Seeking Superbowls

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:54 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:59 am
Zoo wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:53 am
Overview
Carman might be able to offer emergency tackle value at the next level but he is better-suited for a move inside to guard. Regardless of position, he needs to improve placement and sustain with his hands to help stay connected as a blocker. He has enough pop to handle man-blocking duties inside and has adequate athleticism to go with his wide frame to help improve leaky interior pass protection. His footwork creates unorthodox fits into the block and that will need to be corrected or NFL defensive tackles will send him crashing to the ground. His lunging, lingering punch can be tightened up with more work so that he lands his heavy hands without worrying about being countered by hand-fighters. Carman has starting potential as a guard with emergency value at right tackle.

Strengths
Diversified pass protection approach in 2020.
Willing to set out on top of rushers early in rep.
Throws hands quickly, looking for early advantage.
Makes opponents feel his heavy hands.
Effective use of snatch-and-trap technique.
Clear eyes see exotic rush packages and twists.
Enough recovery athleticism to work rusher past pocket.
Generates good deal of push when he centers up on the block.
Understands leverage to widen edge defenders on kick-outs.
Very good timing on combos up to linebackers.
Adequate reactive agility to adjust in space.
Upper-body power to protect his edges.

Weaknesses
High hands cause him to slide up and off the block.
Quicker hand resets would improve sustain.
Needs to bring feet with him into down blocks.
Struggles finding his way to back-side block.
Benefited from shallow drop points from his quarterback.
Lunges, leaving hands extended for rushers to swipe and chop.
Doesn't clamp in with hands to control rusher.
Could struggle with edge speed and inside counters at tackle.
Had weight management and accountability issues early in his career.
This says nothing that the Bengals intend to make him a tackle.
Nope it doesn't. This was his scouting report. It suggests he could play RT in an emergency.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:00 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:45 pm
Just saw a pic from Dehner's Twitter feed that shows Chase behind Ramsey on the 4th and 1 play to end it. Ramsey fell down and Chase would have had an easy TD for the win......if Burrow had 1 more second. I did not see that replay last night, thankfully, or I may have not slept at all. So.Damn.Close. :cry:
If you really want to keep rubbing hot sauce on the wound. Take another look at Burrow's last pass. Landed about a yard away from Perine. Past the first down marker by a couple of yards. Could've easily made an effort. But, I'm past that and looking towards next season.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:04 pm

Zoo wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:00 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
If you really want to keep rubbing hot sauce on the wound. Take another look at Burrow's last pass. Landed about a yard away from Perine. Past the first down marker by a couple of yards. Could've easily made an effort. But, I'm past that and looking towards next season.
I prefer to go ahead and drench it with hot sauce for a week or so. Get it all out and never look back. Give me a few more days. This is #3 for me.
Seeking Superbowls

Exile

Post by Exile » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:11 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:42 pm
BTW, just for the record, I have nothing against Carmen. He may turn out to be a great pick at either Guard or Tackle. If what Mag is saying he heard is 100% accurate and he was injured previously then that's not his fault.

I hope for our sake he turns out fine. I'm just repeating what I read on-line, that the team did not expect to be able to resign Reiff after this season and that Carmen was taken with an eye to trying him out at Guard and then moving him to RT next year.

Maybe his inability to play much this season has changed their minds, we'll see....
I’ll freely admit I’m talking out my ass here, but if there was a feeling that Reiff was going to be one and done, it may be that they felt he was taking the contract in hopes of showing he deserved a bigger, long-term contract, either from us or someone else, and the thought may have been that the Bengals just wouldn’t be playing that game. But 1) I don’t know that Reiff, with his injury, showed anyone he deserves big money and 2) it seems like the team has real chemistry that might be an incentive for him to want to start with the team, not necessarily for a big discount but just that money might not be the only priority now that he’s seen the team from the inside.

Pure speculation based off other speculation.

But also, there’s a big difference between the team planning to move Carmen over for sure (if there was such a plan) and drafting a guy that they thought might have that capability if they found themselves in a situation where Reiff was moving on and they thought they had a guy who could do that. I think the latter is more likely, and I think that whatever the thought might have been, the situation has changed.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:22 pm

I stopped following several Cincy sports people on Twitter this morning. Many of them have done nothing since the game ended but whine about the officiating or how this play or that play should have gone differently, etc... With some of them it's relentless.

It's water under the bridge. We lost a game literally none of us expected we'd be in. I never once during the actual game felt like we had it in the bag. I expected the Rams to come back and wrote Jmble off site that they would. Like I said in another thread last season after Burrow was injured, I just refuse to get too deeply emotional over this team any more.

Nevertheless, I look at this season as a glass half full. Fix the O-line, resign our most important free agents and get ready to defend our AFC Championship title.

Look through the windshield, not the rear view mirror. 8-)

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:27 pm

Rehabbing with a Super Bowl ring will be much easier.... :roll:

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
#Rams WR Odell Beckham Jr is believed to have torn his ACL in last night’s Super Bowl win, source said. That means a long road of recovery for the free agent, who has a challenge to be ready for 2022. Beckham had 2 catches for 52 yards, 1 TD and 1 moonwalk before the injury.

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:36 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:27 pm
Rehabbing with a Super Bowl ring will be much easier.... :roll:

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
#Rams WR Odell Beckham Jr is believed to have torn his ACL in last night’s Super Bowl win, source said. That means a long road of recovery for the free agent, who has a challenge to be ready for 2022. Beckham had 2 catches for 52 yards, 1 TD and 1 moonwalk before the injury.
That game hurt, but seeing Whitworth win one while picturing Browns fans languishing over watching OBJ win one does provide just a touch of relief.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:38 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:04 pm
Zoo wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:00 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
I prefer to go ahead and drench it with hot sauce for a week or so. Get it all out and never look back. Give me a few more days. This is #3 for me.
I'm still sick. Upset, like a huge ass stomach punch in the gut. Still not mad. I believe we had our chances. I believe that Higgins td at start if second half could have easily been called back and then we're sitting here bitching about the Wilson holding call.. just don't make sense.

I'm proud of this team but man am I bummed today. Still wearing my AFC Championship Hoodie though. Someone at work say something they gonna catch a surface to air missle in the ear hole. So far people's left me alone. I mean I'm in Indiana, you're either a Colts fan or Bengals fan here or a few Stooler idiots.

Again. I feel like my my high school chick banged someother dude today. Feel like my pet got ran over this morning. Feel let down. We had our chances. We didn't do it. Not even mad at the team or zac. Just sad I guess.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.