Super Bowl LVI Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Super Bowl LVI Game Thread.

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:19 pm

The sad thing is this teams Achilles heal was the O-line all year and going back to last year and several years before.

We knew the O-line was poor....knew it. But we did little to fix it. Signing one tackle and drafting another in the 2nd round was never going to do it.

Didn't sign a Guard, didn't sign a Center. And the Tackle they did draft hardly saw the field and wasn't even used in the biggest game of the year. :roll:

Let's hope they've learned their lesson. Have we turned a corner...? Not till we address our biggest weakness, no.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:20 pm

Expect a minor surgery for Burrow. His knee got jacked.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:29 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:17 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:12 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:08 pm
He had 4 wides in on 3rd and 1 and chose to run it there when we needed to stop the clock too?? We didnt have a single fucking play in the book for that situation like maybe a quick out? A jet sweep, a bubble screen?? Zac melted down. He couldnt keep up and the play calling sucked. The whole second half!!!
Seriously you're going to sit here and call a 3rd down run in short yardage a shitty call? At mid field, with plenty of time left it wasn't a bad call, personally I think it was a horrible spot and they should have at least looked at it upstairs.

Lastly I'll say this, we we're supposed to be there but we were. We played a good game and just came up short. The NFL wanted LA to win that game to try and recapture the fan base there. It all came according to plan for them and we are left holding the bag yet again. They will retool this O-line and Burrow and company will be back next season. Disappointed yes, cursing out loud a lot here yes, but all in all we gave them a tough game, just came up short.
I 1000% disagree. We had the pass rush figured out in the first half and we were in the game at the half. We all saw hints of momentum and then boom, coming out of halftime we had it. At that point right there Zac took his foot off the gas and the playcalling went dry. He put it all on the defense. We had 4 straight punts!!! We should have won this game pulling away. We didnt adjust to their pass rush, we could have been burning up the comebacks and out routes. Didnt throw a damn one. The refs didnt help bailing out the Hollywood team, but Zac lost this game. He gave them no chance!!
Zach didn't take his foot off the gas, their defense made adjustments to the pass rush and we couldn't handle them in the end. If you want to sit here and blame Zac that's your right but it's not 100% his fault. This offense didn't do it's part in the second half, O-line, WR's, RB's and QB.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:32 pm

Well that sucked ass. My not come again. Oh well. This team won't be the same team next year. Players will leave, coaches will leave, injuries will bite us, other teams will rebuild, etc. Enjoy this team we had. I'm upset, but not mad. Like I said WE had every opportunity to win, we didn't. It's not Zacs fault. Zac coached a helluva year for us. We have made super adjustments at half time throughout this playoff run. The rams did tonight. We had alot of calls go our way during this playoff run, tonight the Rams did. Higgins face mask on Ramsey td easily could have been called back, we got it though. Wilson's hold. Oh well. Calls can go both ways.

Believe it nit. I'm proud. Hurt... but proud. Let's do everything to keep this team together and add some missing pieces.

The reason I'm optimistic is because we still have Burrow. He's gonna be special. Let's back him and this team.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:34 pm

I'll say this with near certainty, the Chiefs would have won this game. We have to make our offense faster, with more motion and play action. The Chiefs are totally geared for that. Some Oline improvements and maybe we can have a nice toy next year. But this one got away. Hurts just as bad as 1988.
Seeking Superbowls

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:35 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:32 pm
Well that sucked ass. My not come again. Oh well. This team won't be the same team next year. Players will leave, coaches will leave, injuries will bite us, other teams will rebuild, etc. Enjoy this team we had. I'm upset, but not mad. Like I said WE had every opportunity to win, we didn't. It's not Zacs fault. Zac coached a helluva year for us. We have made super adjustments at half time throughout this playoff run. The rams did tonight. We had alot of calls go our way during this playoff run, tonight the Rams did. Higgins face mask on Ramsey td easily could have been called back, we got it though. Wilson's hold. Oh well. Calls can go both ways.

Believe it nit. I'm proud. Hurt... but proud. Let's do everything to keep this team together and add some missing pieces.

The reason I'm optimistic is because we still have Burrow. He's gonna be special. Let's back him and this team.
Well said amigo

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:39 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/pauldehnerjr ... fYtrgpAAAA

I think my sentiments on the 3rd down call to Perine are reflected well here in the comments from Dehner's twitter. Zac is getting raked for that.
Seeking Superbowls

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:10 am

Well a night of sleep and 100 videos later I have reconciled on 3 things. Zac Taylor came up short on this game plan. You cannot avoid the lack of second half adjustments. And his comments about the end of the game calls turn my stomach. Second, Joe Burrow might have been more rattled than what we thought. And rightfully so. He was getting smacked in the second half. But he missed a lot of reads. Big ones. And third, the referees played a massive role in the end of the game. That was in no way PI or holding on Wilson. That call on Bell should have never been called given the magnitude of the situation. Far too close.

But the offense and Zac put themselves in that situation halfway thru the third qtr when we simply stopped trying to make plays downfield. Burrow had time for 7-10 yard routes. How in the world we werent letting Chase and Higgins just tear up the sidelines I dont know. Truly unfortunate.

Its gonna be a while before I can let this one go. This was a winnable game.
Seeking Superbowls

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:17 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:10 am
Well a night of sleep and 100 videos later I have reconciled on 3 things. Zac Taylor came up short on this game plan. You cannot avoid the lack of second half adjustments. And his comments about the end of the game calls turn my stomach. Second, Joe Burrow might have been more rattled than what we thought. And rightfully so. He was getting smacked in the second half. But he missed a lot of reads. Big ones. And third, the referees played a massive role in the end of the game. That was in no way PI or holding on Wilson. That call on Bell should have never been called given the magnitude of the situation. Far too close.

But the offense and Zac put themselves in that situation halfway thru the third qtr when we simply stopped trying to make plays downfield. Burrow had time for 7-10 yard routes. How in the world we werent letting Chase and Higgins just tear up the sidelines I dont know. Truly unfortunate.

Its gonna be a while before I can let this one go. This was a winnable game.
Besides the 2 big throws to Chase and Higgins, Burrow didn't play that well. He would only have 142 yards for the night if it wasn't for those 2 throws.

Yes, very winnable game. We basically gave it away after that TD to Higgins at the start of the 3rd. From there they did shit.

We played around and allowed the Rams to get back in and win this game. We had every opportunity to put them away in the 3rd and all but about 5 minutes in the 4th. No one's fault but the teams.

Honestly no way the Rams should have won. But they did so now what?

Maybe this game was to big for Zac. Dunno.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:47 am

The Bengals have lost Super Bowls by 5 points (1982), 4 points (1989) and now 3 points (2022).

Keep getting closer each time maybe a few more times and will win one.