Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
HogsFan

Re: Super Bowl LVI Game Thread.

Post by HogsFan » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:07 pm

F$&@!!!!!!!!!

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:07 pm

Well have a long time to analyze this one. Proud as heck of this team. What a magical season. Thanks for the unexpected memories boys.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:08 pm

HogsFan wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:06 pm
I trust Mixon more than a big back any day … and 10x more in a SuperBowl
I trust a solid offensive line.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:08 pm

He had 4 wides in on 3rd and 1 and chose to run it there when we needed to stop the clock too?? We didnt have a single fucking play in the book for that situation like maybe a quick out? A jet sweep, a bubble screen?? Zac melted down. He couldnt keep up and the play calling sucked. The whole second half!!!
Seeking Superbowls

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:10 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:05 pm
HogsFan wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:01 pm
Wtf was Petrine doing in there instead of Mixon.
He's a bigger back. Zac knew with this poor O-line there wouldn't be much of a hole so he opted for the more powerful runner.
Not only that, Perrine's the blocking back. You're in an obvious passing situation and you hope to catch them off guard for a couple of yards. If Perine has the ball in his left hand it's a first down, I think.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:12 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:08 pm
He had 4 wides in on 3rd and 1 and chose to run it there when we needed to stop the clock too?? We didnt have a single fucking play in the book for that situation like maybe a quick out? A jet sweep, a bubble screen?? Zac melted down. He couldnt keep up and the play calling sucked. The whole second half!!!
Seriously you're going to sit here and call a 3rd down run in short yardage a shitty call? At mid field, with plenty of time left it wasn't a bad call, personally I think it was a horrible spot and they should have at least looked at it upstairs.

Lastly I'll say this, we we'ren't supposed to be there but we were. We played a good game and just came up short. The NFL wanted LA to win that game to try and recapture the fan base there. It all came according to plan for them and we are left holding the bag yet again. They will retool this O-line and Burrow and company will be back next season. Disappointed yes, cursing out loud a lot here yes, but all in all we gave them a tough game, just came up short.
Last edited by MeatHeadbengal on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HogsFan

Post by HogsFan » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:16 pm

This team was magical.

We were 2 offensive lineman from a victory.

Ugh. This just hurts.

HogsFan

Post by HogsFan » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:17 pm

This team was magical.

We were 2 offensive lineman from a victory.

Ugh. This just hurts.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:17 pm

See what Stafford did on that final drive with a good oline. Yeah....we need that
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:17 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:12 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:08 pm
Seriously you're going to sit here and call a 3rd down run in short yardage a shitty call? At mid field, with plenty of time left it wasn't a bad call, personally I think it was a horrible spot and they should have at least looked at it upstairs.

Lastly I'll say this, we we're supposed to be there but we were. We played a good game and just came up short. The NFL wanted LA to win that game to try and recapture the fan base there. It all came according to plan for them and we are left holding the bag yet again. They will retool this O-line and Burrow and company will be back next season. Disappointed yes, cursing out loud a lot here yes, but all in all we gave them a tough game, just came up short.
I 1000% disagree. We had the pass rush figured out in the first half and we were in the game at the half. We all saw hints of momentum and then boom, coming out of halftime we had it. At that point right there Zac took his foot off the gas and the playcalling went dry. He put it all on the defense. We had 4 straight punts!!! We should have won this game pulling away. We didnt adjust to their pass rush, we could have been burning up the comebacks and out routes. Didnt throw a damn one. The refs didnt help bailing out the Hollywood team, but Zac lost this game. He gave them no chance!!
Seeking Superbowls