Re: Super Bowl LVI Game Thread.

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:34 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:15 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:10 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:47 pm
Kudos to Zac for owning the decision to have and keep Perine in the game. But the play calls were horrible anyway. And if Perine was in there as a blocking back, exactly who the hell did he block when he carried the ball once and was downfield on the 4th down play?? Just piss poor execution all the way around on those last two plays.

Geoff Hobson

Bengals.com Senior Writer

Marcio Jose Sanchez/Copyright 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

_On Samaje Perine carrying the ball on third-and one in the last drive and not Joe Mixon:

"We were in 2-minute mode and Samaje has done a great job. His role has really been as a protecting back and a lot of the things that come with that, off of that. It's one of those situations where I called the play a little later on the clock. And so, I was the one that said leave him in there. Justin Hill, our running backs coach, asked if we wanted to make a change. I said, just leave Samaje in there.

"Obviously, it didn't work out for us. Whether Joe is in there or not, he's certainly deserving of the opportunity in a key moment in a key game to try to get it for us as our featured back. But again, that's just one of the decisions you make in the moment and you've got to move forward with it. There's other things I certainly could have done over the course of the game that would have put us in a better position. Unfortunately, we couldn't get it done."
I've seen Mixon get stuffed several times this season on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 so I don't wanna hear anything about Perine. He's a decent back and if it wasn't for the long catch and run td against Tennessee we wouldn't have made it as far as we did.
Mostly with you. Mixon would have given you a better receiving option but this wasnt as much about Perrine as it was the play calls and Zac's admission of getting the play in late.
Gotcha. Seems like we didn't do a good job as a team getting 1st downs from 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1s while running the ball this year.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:38 pm

fix the oline and this all goes away

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:51 pm

Kelsey Conway (@KelseyLConway)
The #Bengals worst pass blocking performance all season from a grading standpoint was against the Rams. @PFF gave the unit a 14.5 grade. Isaiah Prince was given the lowest grade in this metric. Trey Hopkins, Jonah Williams were the highest-graded offensive linemen.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:58 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:51 pm
The #Bengals worst pass blocking performance all season from a grading standpoint was against the Rams. @PFF gave the unit a 14.5 grade. Isaiah Prince was given the lowest grade in this metric. Trey Hopkins, Jonah Williams were the highest-graded offensive linemen.
I hope this wasnt a surprise for anyone. And of course Spain missed multiple blocks at very key moments throughout the game. We have to upgrade at least two of these spots to immediate starters, quality FAs. You simply cannot allow JB to work behind multiple draft picks again this year.
Seeking Superbowls

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:10 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:58 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:51 pm
I hope this wasnt a surprise for anyone. And of course Spain missed multiple blocks at very key moments throughout the game. We have to upgrade at least two of these spots to immediate starters, quality FAs. You simply cannot allow JB to work behind multiple draft picks again this year.
Agree and I just told B1 that I would invest big in Olinemen from a free agency standpoint rather than a draft. I want proven vets on the oline this coming year, not a 5th or 6th rounder that can play "multiple" positions but doesn't do anything extremely well type player.

I wouldn't mind taken a guard though early. Seems like those guys are plug and play automatically of you get them early. But my tackles and preferable centers, I want proven guys, even if it means paying big.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:14 pm

Been waiting for this one. I wont ruin it with any comments but this is worth every minute. Watch it all. I almost cried on that last play once Burrow realized he had Chase on the go route wide open. And to see Chase's reaction...... :cry:

https://youtu.be/aKE4Pg71uJA
Seeking Superbowls