You taking Gronk or CJ next year

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

You taking Gronk or CJ next year

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:19 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-brady- ... 20507.html

I'll take CJ all day long and twice on Sunday. F Gronk.
Seeking Superbowls

4256 Hits

Re: You taking Gronk or CJ next year

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:52 pm

Why not both?

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:20 pm

I hear you, but no way CJ sticks around when he's not the #1. He's earned it. And Gronk doesnt block for shit. He's not a team guy, he's a social diva and paycheck guy. CJ is also a FA and I'm sure as much as he loves this team, playing with Gronk could be a deal breaker for him. He's an ass-clown.
Seeking Superbowls

Exile

Post by Exile » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:36 am

The real point here is that Joe is the kind of guy that winners want to play with. Gronk may have been the latest and most notable, but this team should have a much easier time picking and choosing the FAs we want going forward. We were already seeing some of that just based off of how he carries himself, but now that we’ve made a Super Bowl, the word is definitely out.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:50 am

Sometime after this Sunday....

Duke Tobin: Well Mike, we've been contacted by several managers for free agents interested in playing here now.

SoP: They didn't call collect, did they...!?!

Duke Tobin: No....no Mike, they used their cell phones. We're good.

SoP: Okay....fine. So...anybody interesting?

Duke Tobin: Several actually. Much as you'd expect, we're getting a lot of interest from offensive linemen and...

SoP: Who now...?

Duke Tobin: Offensive linemen. You know....the big uglies...?

SoP: Not that Meathead guy....?

Duke Tobin: No....no. Not that ugly!

SoP: Whew! Okay, I can breath again. That was close. Well...tell em to git their asses over here and let's check em out...

Duke Tobin: Okay Sir. I'll start purchasing plane tickets and we'll....

SoP: You'll what!!??!!

Duke Tobin: Buying plane tickets Mike, so these guys can come in and work out for us.

SoP: You'll do no such thing young man!!! If these punks want to come play for the Cincinnati Bengals they can pay their own way! How much is a Greyhound ticket nowadays anyway?

Duke Tobin: Greyhound!?! No....no Mike it's 2022....nobody rides on buses anymore...

SoP: Fine Amtrac it is! You drive a hard bargain. And while you're at it tell Pumkin to get another coat of wax on the Lumina, it's looking a little dull.

Duke Tobin: *Sigh* I guess Joe can survive one more year running for his life.....

Mag

Post by Mag » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:07 am

CJ. If Gronk can still play and play at a bargain, he can be #2. The great thing about the Gronk story, isn't getting Gronk, but seeing big names excited to play with Joe.

We will have close to 70 mil in cap space. I'd like them to resign Bates, BJ Hill, Apple, CJ, and Spain. Then take the left overs to go after 2 quality starters on the OL. Anything after that is gravy.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:19 am

A month ago I'd have taken Gronk all day long.

Gronk is still more talented and would be a bigger presence in the lineup (especially in the endzone) but this team is built (aside from Burrow's arm) on Chemistry and Uzomah seems to be a huge part of that team chemistry. He's reliable when he's in the lineup. He's not flashy but he does exactly what Burrow needs him to do when he needs it. We need someone like that more than we need another big target.

I do think we need to address Tight End though. Drew Sample is not good. We drafted him mainly based on his ability as a blocker and he really hasn't shown much on that end since he's been here. We need to find somebody who can fill in at Tight End when needed, but can be a force on the line for plays when Uzomah is off the field.

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:55 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:50 am
Sometime after this Sunday....

Duke Tobin: Well Mike, we've been contacted by several managers for free agents interested in playing here now.

SoP: They didn't call collect, did they...!?!

Duke Tobin: No....no Mike, they used their cell phones. We're good.

SoP: Okay....fine. So...anybody interesting?

Duke Tobin: Several actually. Much as you'd expect, we're getting a lot of interest from offensive linemen and...

SoP: Who now...?

Duke Tobin: Offensive linemen. You know....the big uglies...?

SoP: Not that Meathead guy....?

Duke Tobin: No....no. Not that ugly!

SoP: Whew! Okay, I can breath again. That was close. Well...tell em to git their asses over here and let's check em out...

Duke Tobin: Okay Sir. I'll start purchasing plane tickets and we'll....

SoP: You'll what!!??!!

Duke Tobin: Buying plane tickets Mike, so these guys can come in and work out for us.

SoP: You'll do no such thing young man!!! If these punks want to come play for the Cincinnati Bengals they can pay their own way! How much is a Greyhound ticket nowadays anyway?

Duke Tobin: Greyhound!?! No....no Mike it's 2022....nobody rides on buses anymore...

SoP: Fine Amtrac it is! You drive a hard bargain. And while you're at it tell Pumkin to get another coat of wax on the Lumina, it's looking a little dull.

Duke Tobin: *Sigh* I guess Joe can survive one more year running for his life.....
Wow. I'm dying here. Well done.
CJ, by the way.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:36 am

CJ is one of the emotional leaders in the locker room, we get rid of him and we'll be looking for leadership... He needs to stay!

Sure we'd like a better pass catching TE but at the same time he's done a pretty good job for us this year and our other weapons are enough to keep him from being a huge focus on defense.

So no to Gronk and YES to CJ!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:15 am

Mag wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:07 am
We will have close to 70 mil in cap space. I'd like them to resign Bates, BJ Hill, Apple, CJ, and Spain. Then take the left overs to go after 2 quality starters on the OL. Anything after that is gravy.
This exactly.

And Jmble's correct, we need another TE even if we re-sign CJ. We need another passing catching threat in the red zone. We can't keep kicking Field Goals when we need TDs. Another TE that can get more yards than his weight is not a luxury, its a necessity! :x