Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Mag

Re: OL Masterminds

Post by Mag » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:30 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:50 am
Mag wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:30 am
So this project with Duke is happening. We're doing a draft only release party Thursday night for the draft. Proceeds of the beer are going to a local Alzheimer's charity. He's expecting some Dallas guys (most likely Zach Martin and Tyler Biadez) perhaps others who may be working out to be there.

Fun tidbits. He's training Carman, Adeneji, and Smith now. Pollack is expected to visit soon and will likely stop by the brewery. The talk of Carman being lazy is over blown. He's just more honest than others about speaking up when he's hurt, and he was for sure hurt. Adeneji will be better. He just needs to get stronger and more time at guard. Very little experience at G. Smith is a long term project. Tools are there, but he's no where close to strong enough.

We should be a top contender for Collins. Ther reports about his and Pollack's respect for each other is true. Mechi Becton also has that relationship with Pollack and he might be on the block. We're also a contender for Armstead.
I get they want to be bullish on Adeneji but at this point he's been in the league now for 3 years he's not going to get a lot stronger. He's probably a solid backup and that's all he'll ever be. I'd give him this year and if he's not producing like a starter it's time to bring in a new guy via draft to develop.
Adeneji, like Smith, had a long way to go.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:01 am

Mag wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:30 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mag wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:30 am
So this project with Duke is happening. We're doing a draft only release party Thursday night for the draft. Proceeds of the beer are going to a local Alzheimer's charity. He's expecting some Dallas guys (most likely Zach Martin and Tyler Biadez) perhaps others who may be working out to be there.

Fun tidbits. He's training Carman, Adeneji, and Smith now. Pollack is expected to visit soon and will likely stop by the brewery. The talk of Carman being lazy is over blown. He's just more honest than others about speaking up when he's hurt, and he was for sure hurt. Adeneji will be better. He just needs to get stronger and more time at guard. Very little experience at G. Smith is a long term project. Tools are there, but he's no where close to strong enough.

We should be a top contender for Collins. Ther reports about his and Pollack's respect for each other is true. Mechi Becton also has that relationship with Pollack and he might be on the block. We're also a contender for Armstead.
I get they want to be bullish on Adeneji but at this point he's been in the league now for 3 years he's not going to get a lot stronger. He's probably a solid backup and that's all he'll ever be. I'd give him this year and if he's not producing like a starter it's time to bring in a new guy via draft to develop.
I understand that Mag, that's why I was super excited to see how Adeniji developed this season, however his injury early really hurt him. I would give him this season to prove he can be a starter if he can't I'd let him go after his rookie contract and bring in a new guy and develop him. I just don't think we need to continue to develop after rookie contracts.

Mag

Post by Mag » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:29 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:01 am
Mag wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:30 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

I understand that Mag, that's why I was super excited to see how Adeniji developed this season, however his injury early really hurt him. I would give him this season to prove he can be a starter if he can't I'd let him go after his rookie contract and bring in a new guy and develop him. I just don't think we need to continue to develop after rookie contracts.
I would by no means count on him to be a starter. A competition between him and Carman and maybe a vet would be ideal.