OL Masterminds

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Mag

OL Masterminds

Post by Mag » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:42 pm

I just had my second meeting with Duke Manyweather. He's the top OL trainer in the country. The top rated rookies the last few years were in his program. Guys like Becton, Sewell, Slater, and Humphrey were in his program. He's also worked with Adeniji and Carmen. He's very bullish on Adeniji and Carmen. Both battled injuries this season. Both should be good players for us. Still need a RT and a C to push Hopkins. He likes Hopkins but thought it a mistake to let him start this year due to the injury.

I got to see some of his best prospects up close. Evan Neal of Bama and Charles Cross of Miss St. Look like studs, but we have no shot. Kinnard of UK looks like an interesting guy we can get in the 2nd. Fun experience seeing the guys work out. I didn't get a lot of time to look at everyone, but I imagine there will be other opportunities.

I was mostly there to discuss beer. We are looking to collaborate on a OL Masterminds themed beer to be served at the OL Masterminds summit this summer. 200 of the top OL prospects, current players, and retired players expected to meet in DFW.

MeatHeadbengal

Re: OL Masterminds

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:18 pm

Mag wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:42 pm
I just had my second meeting with Duke Manyweather. He's the top OL trainer in the country. The top rated rookies the last few years were in his program. Guys like Becton, Sewell, Slater, and Humphrey were in his program. He's also worked with Adeniji and Carmen. He's very bullish on Adeniji and Carmen. Both battled injuries this season. Both should be good players for us. Still need a RT and a C to push Hopkins. He likes Hopkins but thought it a mistake to let him start this year due to the injury.

I got to see some of his best prospects up close. Evan Neal of Bama and Charles Cross of Miss St. Look like studs, but we have no shot. Kinnard of UK looks like an interesting guy we can get in the 2nd. Fun experience seeing the guys work out. I didn't get a lot of time to look at everyone, but I imagine there will be other opportunities.

I was mostly there to discuss beer. We are looking to collaborate on a OL Masterminds themed beer to be served at the OL Masterminds summit this summer. 200 of the top OL prospects, current players, and retired players expected to meet in DFW.
That kind of experience would be a wet dream for me. How lucky can you be, that's awesome!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:57 pm

I've seen a couple of mock drafts that have us taking Tyler Linderbaum, the Center out of Iowa and the Rimington Award winner.

Did he mention him at all....?

Mag

Post by Mag » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:38 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:57 pm
I've seen a couple of mock drafts that have us taking Tyler Linderbaum, the Center out of Iowa and the Rimington Award winner.

Thinks he's a stud, and he's unlikely to be there at 32.

Mag

Post by Mag » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:49 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:18 pm
Mag wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:42 pm

That kind of experience would be a wet dream for me. How lucky can you be, that's awesome!
Very lucky. Started off with me posting a picture of my beer on Ross Tucker's Twitter. He is into craft beer and does a beer related post regularly. Duke and Ross both liked the post. So we found out Ross was going to be an announcer for the FCS championship. So my marketing guy reached out to Ross giving him an invitation to come to the brewery for bbq and beer. He agreed to come over. It helps that we are less than 10min drive from DFW airport, so it was an easy detour. Ross had so much fun that he hooked us up with Duke.

Duke came by last week. He's big into hazy IPAs and stouts. After a few minutes we found out he went to school with my biz partner, Jon. Jon's roommate and friend played with Duke at Humboldt State. Duke was also a bouncer at bars there and explicitly remembers tossing Jon out of bars. We all immediately hit it off. Talked about an OL themed beer and that got the ball rolling.

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:01 pm

Mag wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:38 am
Bengals1 wrote:

I see what you did there, and I approve.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:13 pm

Scooper wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:01 pm
Mag wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:38 am
Bengals1 wrote:

I see what you did there, and I approve.
<3

Mag

Post by Mag » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:30 am

So this project with Duke is happening. We're doing a draft only release party Thursday night for the draft. Proceeds of the beer are going to a local Alzheimer's charity. He's expecting some Dallas guys (most likely Zach Martin and Tyler Biadez) perhaps others who may be working out to be there.

Fun tidbits. He's training Carman, Adeneji, and Smith now. Pollack is expected to visit soon and will likely stop by the brewery. The talk of Carman being lazy is over blown. He's just more honest than others about speaking up when he's hurt, and he was for sure hurt. Adeneji will be better. He just needs to get stronger and more time at guard. Very little experience at G. Smith is a long term project. Tools are there, but he's no where close to strong enough.

We should be a top contender for Collins. Ther reports about his and Pollack's respect for each other is true. Mechi Becton also has that relationship with Pollack and he might be on the block. We're also a contender for Armstead.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:21 am

Mag wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:30 am
So this project with Duke is happening. We're doing a draft only release party Thursday night for the draft. Proceeds of the beer are going to a local Alzheimer's charity. He's expecting some Dallas guys (most likely Zach Martin and Tyler Biadez) perhaps others who may be working out to be there.

Fun tidbits. He's training Carman, Adeneji, and Smith now. Pollack is expected to visit soon and will likely stop by the brewery. The talk of Carman being lazy is over blown. He's just more honest than others about speaking up when he's hurt, and he was for sure hurt. Adeneji will be better. He just needs to get stronger and more time at guard. Very little experience at G. Smith is a long term project. Tools are there, but he's no where close to strong enough.

We should be a top contender for Collins. Ther reports about his and Pollack's respect for each other is true. Mechi Becton also has that relationship with Pollack and he might be on the block. We're also a contender for Armstead.
Thanks for the update Mag!
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:50 am

Mag wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:30 am

I get they want to be bullish on Adeneji but at this point he's been in the league now for 3 years he's not going to get a lot stronger. He's probably a solid backup and that's all he'll ever be. I'd give him this year and if he's not producing like a starter it's time to bring in a new guy via draft to develop.