Post by Joe the Sot » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:05 am

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:27 pm
I wouldn’t mind if our entire interior OL was out
I think they were weren’t they🤔

Bengals1

Re: Bengals - Chiefs AFC Championship Discussion

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:23 am

I'm approaching this game just like I did the Titans game. As far as I'm concerned we're still playing with house money. It'd be great if we win but realistically we're the underdog for a reason.

Like Meat said they have all the experience and they're at home. No one expected us to be here and despite how good Burrow and Chase and Hendrickson etc al are playing with our piss-poor Offensive Line we're lucky to be here.

Think about it, two INTs are what got us here. The future is incredibly bright for the Bengals for the first time in years. Add another 2 interior O-linemen this off-season and we should be right back in this position next January.

So I'm just going to relax and enjoy the ride.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:00 am

I feel very fortunate that we are here, I mean seriously no one would have thought we'd make it this far. With that said however I know we have the fire power and defense to beat the Chiefs. I don't want to waste a good opportunity, we may not get this again. I mean look at the Browns this season, and think about how talented that roster is. They were destroyed by injury and just bad luck, who's to say that wont happen to us in the near future.

We're here, we have a team that can do it. LFG!!!

Sunday is going to be crazy exciting and I'm going to be taking the money line on the Bengals!!!

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:28 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:00 am
They were destroyed by injury and just bad luck, who's to say that wont happen to us in the near future.
Was thinking about this exact same this morning. We hardly have anyone on IR. We've had a very successful "injury-free" year and I believe that has helped us make it this far. Like Meat, why not now? Who knows what the future brings next years. Assistant Coaches may be leaving, 1 or 2 key players (Bates) and others may not be here. Injuries could hit hard next year. We could screw up the draft. Free agents may seek elsewhere, etc... Baltimore, Steelers, Browns all may rebuild, have great drafts, have a success in free agency.

This team we're seeing may not be here again next year. Let's do it now. Do I think we'll beat the Chiefs? Not really. Do. I think we have a chance, of course. And I'm extremely happy Burrow and company are 2-0 Thus far in the playoffs. If it ends Sunday then oh well then it ends. I'll be happy, but sad, but my angry, unless we get a total screw job.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:41 pm

I'm not disagreeing with anyone saying lets do this now. I just dont think we can for several reasons (and there are also a few why we might):

-We caught the Chiefs flat footed, at home, in a must win game and we threw everything we had at them and barely snuck by
-The Chiefs offense you saw against the Bills is what we're going to get. That was the Mahomes, Kelcey, Hill trio we have been used to. If they bring that spread offense again this weekend with Hill running free all over the field we are going to pay the price. They were unstoppable.
-Our oline has been fully exposed. There is plenty of tape from the last two weeks and it is awful. Burrow is lucky to even be playing, honestly.
-Our running game has vanished. Enough said.
-Burrow is not making smart decisions the last two weeks on third down. Way too many sacks in FG range.

Some reasons why we might win:

-when Buffalo really opened up their offense the Chiefs finally caved. Their secondary had no answers for it. Hopefully we take some learnings from that.
-Our defense is on a roll with convenient turnovers. If Mahomes can be pressured into giving up an INT or a couple of tipped balls, that would certainly help.
-Maybe Zac has saved the best for last and we see the last few pages of the playbook here. Both Boyd and Chase have a good passing arm. How cool would a jet sweep to Chase ending up in a TD pass to Boyd be? Leave nothing on the table.
-Money Mac. No need to say more.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:46 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:41 pm
-We caught the Chiefs flat footed, at home, in a must win game and we threw everything we had at them and barely snuck by
I completely disagree considering they scored a crap ton of points in the first half. You have to remember we were down 14 points in that game 3 different times. That's not catching them flat footed.
-The Chiefs offense you saw against the Bills is what we're going to get. That was the Mahomes, Kelcey, Hill trio we have been used to. If they bring that spread offense again this weekend with Hill running free all over the field we are going to pay the price. They were unstoppable.
This is the exact same offense that put up 28 points in the fist half against us. They have a very powerful offense but so do we, we have the most explosive offense in the NFL. Let that sink in, WE HAVE THE MOST EXPLOSIVE OFFENSE IN THE NFL.
Burrow is not making smart decisions the last two weeks on third down. Way too many sacks in FG range.
Last week was an outlier, KC doesn't have that same D-line Tennessee does. Sure Jones can get after some folks but you can scheme for him, against Tenn. all 4 of those guys were dogs, you can't scheme against that. Not only that but Burrow even after 9 sacks didn't complain, didn't throw a tablet, or bitch anyone out he went in with 20 some seconds to go and stood tall in the pocket and threw a dart to Chase to win the game. Tennessee really give Burrow a hard time and continued to change up the stunts and fronts. KC doesn't have the same personal nor do they have as good a secondary.

With all that said I think we learn from others past mistakes. We don't give Mahomes 13 seconds to do anything, we don't let a free released TE over the middle of the field, ect. ect..

This team is good enough to go into KC and win, they have to confidence, and we aren't smart enough to know any different. Like a few of us have been saying all year... "This team is different"!!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:26 pm

Charlie Goldsmith (@CharlieG__)
The Bengals have signed DT Damion Square to the practice squad and released DT Doug Costin from the practice squad.
My theory is that last week, the Bengals needed depth at nose tackle. This week, the Bengals need some three-technique pass rushers.

Exile

Post by Exile » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:54 am

I’m right there with Meat on this one. That Tennessee line is special, and they do things others can’t. It’s going to be a shootout and we can hang with them in a shootout. I wouldn’t put real money on EITHER side in this one.

By the way, that Bills-Chiefs game really makes Zac look like a genius for how he handled the end of our game with the Chiefs, doesn’t it? 😂

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:38 pm

Exile wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:54 am
I’m right there with Meat on this one. That Tennessee line is special, and they do things others can’t. It’s going to be a shootout and we can hang with them in a shootout. I wouldn’t put real money on EITHER side in this one.

By the way, that Bills-Chiefs game really makes Zac look like a genius for how he handled the end of our game with the Chiefs, doesn’t it? 😂
I'm already on house money so I'm going money line. I think we can win and I'm going to put my money where my mouth is! Not only that I already have money on them pre playoffs winning the AFC championship so it's a double payday if they win.