Bengals - Chiefs AFC Championship Discussion

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Zoo

Re: Bengals - Chiefs AFC Championship Discussion

Post by Zoo » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:04 am

I said previously that regardless of the outcome I'm satisfied with what the team has accomplished this season. And it's like we're not even ready to be here yet. It's not like we're a couple players away from being dominant. We're several players from being there, most of the offensive line🙄. Just imagine where we are now and where we could be for the foreseeable future. 😁
It's good to be. Bengals fan right now🐅

Mag

Post by Mag » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:05 am

Both the Chief's and Bill's Ds were gassed at the end of the game. The Bengals have more than a full day of extra rest. Almost every "expert" will be against them. They will use every single slight as motivation. I like our chances when the world is against us.

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:18 am

My head is saying it is always hard to beat a good team twice and in KC is a tough ask. Even though I would forego my winnings if we lose this week it’s been a hell of a ride.
My heart says this team is something special and I think they might just do it. There seems to be zero fear and zero quit in this team and I am sure they will leave everything on the field. I am mightily proud of the efforts this year and my heart wins with my prediction and I’ll say we take it 45-33 on to the super bowl baby 😎

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:47 am

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:23 pm

I'm not ready for any "happy to be here" talk. IF they lose, I'll go there and look back on a great run while getting excited for the future. However, I'm not ready, yet. The Chiefs are damned good and playing at home. The line seems about right. But the last time they played, our offense made them look silly for extended stretches - the way theirs does when they can get the ball to Hill in space. I'm encouraged that we should be able to run better against them than against the Titans, which should help with the pass protection worries.

The Chiefs OL is better, but far from elite. Our best chance is for the offense to do their thing and the defense to create enough havoc plays to flip the script a couple times. They've done it before.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:24 pm

Scooper wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:23 pm
I'm not ready for any "happy to be here" talk. IF they lose, I'll go there and look back on a great run while getting excited for the future. However, I'm not ready, yet. The Chiefs are damned good and playing at home. The line seems about right. But the last time they played, our offense made them look silly for extended stretches - the way theirs does when they can get the ball to Hill in space. I'm encouraged that we should be able to run better against them than against the Titans, which should help with the pass protection worries.

The Chiefs OL is better, but far from elite. Our best chance is for the offense to do their thing and the defense to create enough havoc plays to flip the script a couple times. They've done it before.
I agree with scoop. All u pussies calling it a good season can pound sand. We have Joe burrow. We already defeated the best defense were going to see. This will be a shootout and with burrow I love our chances.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:30 pm

Almost forgot.... Why is nobody talking about Hilton's inability to run away from tannehill???!?!?!?

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:47 pm

orange_black wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:30 pm
Almost forgot.... Why is nobody talking about Hilton's inability to run away from tannehill???!?!?!?
Hilton's not a barn burner like most cornerbacks. He's good in the slot, zone and coming off the edge. Besides Hilton had to wait to secure the ball. During that time Tannehill was in an all out sprint. I'm surprised Hilton got as much yardage as he did. Although Apple standing over Tannehill negated the return.🤬

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:49 pm

Zoo wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:47 pm
orange_black wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:30 pm
Hilton's not a barn burner like most cornerbacks. He's good in the slot, zone and coming off the edge. Besides Hilton had to wait to secure the ball. During that time Tannehill was in an all out sprint. I'm surprised Hilton got as much yardage as he did. Although Apple standing over Tannehill negated the return.🤬
Apple made up for that at the end of the game!

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:23 pm

Anyone aware of any injuries we had from the Titans game or any players we expect to return this week?
Seeking Superbowls