Bengals - Chiefs AFC Championship Discussion

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals - Chiefs AFC Championship Discussion

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:10 pm

Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH)
Zac says he isn’t ruling any of them out, but Josh Tupou (knee), Stanley Morgan (hamstring) and Cam Sample (hamstring) will be limited this week.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:49 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:46 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:41 pm
-We caught the Chiefs flat footed, at home, in a must win game and we threw everything we had at them and barely snuck by
I completely disagree considering they scored a crap ton of points in the first half. You have to remember we were down 14 points in that game 3 different times. That's not catching them flat footed.
-The Chiefs offense you saw against the Bills is what we're going to get. That was the Mahomes, Kelcey, Hill trio we have been used to. If they bring that spread offense again this weekend with Hill running free all over the field we are going to pay the price. They were unstoppable.
This is the exact same offense that put up 28 points in the fist half against us. They have a very powerful offense but so do we, we have the most explosive offense in the NFL. Let that sink in, WE HAVE THE MOST EXPLOSIVE OFFENSE IN THE NFL.
Burrow is not making smart decisions the last two weeks on third down. Way too many sacks in FG range.
Last week was an outlier, KC doesn't have that same D-line Tennessee does. Sure Jones can get after some folks but you can scheme for him, against Tenn. all 4 of those guys were dogs, you can't scheme against that. Not only that but Burrow even after 9 sacks didn't complain, didn't throw a tablet, or bitch anyone out he went in with 20 some seconds to go and stood tall in the pocket and threw a dart to Chase to win the game. Tennessee really give Burrow a hard time and continued to change up the stunts and fronts. KC doesn't have the same personal nor do they have as good a secondary.

With all that said I think we learn from others past mistakes. We don't give Mahomes 13 seconds to do anything, we don't let a free released TE over the middle of the field, ect. ect..

This team is good enough to go into KC and win, they have to confidence, and we aren't smart enough to know any different. Like a few of us have been saying all year... "This team is different"!!
alright im agreeing with the tub-o-stubborness.

crazy times.

i think we have a great shot of winning this. i think we could totall lose too, but based on what ive seen from Burrow, and the fact that this defense is NOT the Tenn defense... i like our chances to simply outscore them becuase we have more firepower.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:37 pm

All I know is if we get beat on the last play by their best player. Like Buffalo and Tampa Bay did. I will go ape shit.
I don't wanna see Hill or Kelce run to the end zone untouched as time runs out.🤬
The Chiefs have Helaire back and that's a weapon they didn't have the last time we played them. In addition Hill has been returning punts when needed. It was a game changer last week in KC. Definitely not the same team we played last time. I'm sure our approach is going to be different in some aspects.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:36 pm

orange_black wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:49 pm
alright im agreeing with the tub-o-stubborness.
Aww you got me straight trip'n booh! I almost missed my ol' nicknames... Love you too OB :)

2-0 from here on out!

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 pm

Key to winning this game is not settling of FG. Need TD when get inside 30.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:40 am

I guess I’ll make a prediction, although I’m not sure where this will go. I do think Mahomes and co will be out for blood, and the fact they’ll have CEH will be a big difference from the first go around

Can we score enough TDs to keep up with them? Can we stop Pat at the end of the game if it’s close? Time will tell

Will my church small group that’s from 5:30-7 be over in time for me to catch up on the 2nd half before the game ends? All these exciting answers and more coming soon…

Bengals 17
KC 19

I think our magic will runs out. For some reason I think this game will be a gritty low scoring slobberknocker and we’ll come up just short in the end. Hope I’m wrong, I usually am

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:04 pm

apparently tyrann mathieu was full practice today.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:55 am

Charlie Goldsmith (@CharlieG__)
Bengals DE Cam Sample (groin) and WR Stanley Morgan (hamstring) are both doubtful for this week’s game. Both players missed practice today.

DT Josh Tupou (knee), who was limited in practice, is questionable.