Game Day Titans, Official Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Game Day Titans, Official Game Thread.

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:41 pm

Scooper wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:27 pm
Classic!
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:42 pm

Scooper wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:29 pm
Carmen's a rookie, I wouldn't worry too much, yet. Usually only the total studs are ready out of the gate. Plus, he was really drafted to be a guard, not to develop at RT, wasn't he?

I'd rather look elsewhere for the future at RT.
I thought he was too. I have no problem of he was. But I'm scared that they'll put him at tackle next year, which right now would be a horrible move.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:28 pm

Scooper wrote:
Carmen's a rookie, I wouldn't worry too much, yet. Usually only the total studs are ready out of the gate. Plus, he was really drafted to be a guard, not to develop at RT, wasn't he?

No. Reiff signed a one year contract like many free agents did due to the shrinking of the salary cap. Most every Cincinnati sports reporter expects him to be gone next season chasing a much bigger contract.

Carmen played RT in college and it was obvious the plan was to use him at RG this season, get his feet wet and then move him over to his natural position of RT after Reiff leaves for greener pastures.

Now that Carmen seems to have fallen out of favor for whatever reason perhaps......just perhaps, they'll make a real run at resigning Reiff.

Keep your fingers and toes crossed.... :?

Exile

Post by Exile » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:33 pm

I want Buffalo, but only because on of my best friends from college is a Bills fan, so that would be fun. Or terrible if we lose. 🤷🏼‍♂️

And, fun fact, if Buffalo wins that would mean two QBs who worked with Jordan Palmer this off-season in the AFC title game.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:35 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:28 pm
Scooper wrote:

No. Reiff signed a one year contract like many free agents did due to the shrinking of the salary cap. Most every Cincinnati sports reporter expects him to be gone next season chasing a much bigger contract.

Carmen played RT in college and it was obvious the plan was to use him at RG this season, get his feet wet and then move him over to his natural position of RT after Reiff leaves for greener pastures.

Now that Carmen seems to have fallen out of favor for whatever reason perhaps......just perhaps, they'll make a real run at resigning Reiff.

Keep your fingers and toes crossed.... :?
I'm just going to say I don't think we really know if they drafted Carman to be Tackle or Guard. Personally if he can't handle Guard he's not going to be able to handle Tackle. I would resign Reiff or a starting RT and maybe even look at a LT, maybe a trade of Williams. He's just not getting it done. The only guy on this line I would keep is Spain honestly he's good, and a professional.

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:12 pm

I never like abalama 😉 players in the draft they are never as good as college.
But I still look forward to hearing which abalama players we should take in the draft😎. I think I recall mag loves the crimson tide👍🏻

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:25 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:35 pm
I'm just going to say I don't think we really know if they drafted Carman to be Tackle or Guard. Personally if he can't handle Guard he's not going to be able to handle Tackle. I would resign Reiff or a starting RT and maybe even look at a LT, maybe a trade of Williams. He's just not getting it done. The only guy on this line I would keep is Spain honestly he's good, and a professional.
Well, Zac didn't call me before he made the pick but that's not just my opinion. That's what Dehner Jr. , Lindsay Patterson, Ian Rapoport etc... have reported. That Reiff deliberately signed a one year contract with an eye to leaving for a much bigger one the Bengals almost certainly wouldn't be willing to match after this season.

When Carmen was drafted several sports reporters both in and outside of Cincinnati remarked how "the Bengals have found their right tackle of the future..."

So whether it's accurate or not that's where I'm getting that.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:34 pm

Dehner has recently said with the injury there will be mutual desire from Reiff and the Bengals to do another 1 year deal similar to what he signed this year

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:36 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:34 pm
Dehner has recently said with the injury there will be mutual desire from Reiff and the Bengals to do another 1 year deal similar to what he signed this year
That would be great....if true.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:02 pm

If we play the Rams in the SB they will break the world record for sacks. Donald might have 55 sacks himself against our OL