Game Day Titans, Official Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Game Day Titans, Official Game Thread.

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:21 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:02 pm
If we play the Rams in the SB they will break the world record for sacks. Donald might have 55 sacks himself against our OL
I just made that same sort of observation to Jmble off site. ;)

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:34 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:21 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:02 pm
If we play the Rams in the SB they will break the world record for sacks. Donald might have 55 sacks himself against our OL
I just made that same sort of observation to Jmble off site. ;)
We're going to play the 9ers. .. it's inevitable
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:58 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:25 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:35 pm
I'm just going to say I don't think we really know if they drafted Carman to be Tackle or Guard. Personally if he can't handle Guard he's not going to be able to handle Tackle. I would resign Reiff or a starting RT and maybe even look at a LT, maybe a trade of Williams. He's just not getting it done. The only guy on this line I would keep is Spain honestly he's good, and a professional.
Well, Zac didn't call me before he made the pick but that's not just my opinion. That's what Dehner Jr. , Lindsay Patterson, Ian Rapoport etc... have reported. That Reiff deliberately signed a one year contract with an eye to leaving for a much bigger one the Bengals almost certainly wouldn't be willing to match after this season.

When Carmen was drafted several sports reporters both in and outside of Cincinnati remarked how "the Bengals have found their right tackle of the future..."

So whether it's accurate or not that's where I'm getting that.
Not to be argue but from what I saw reported he sign a 1 year deal because of the cap. I haven't seen anything saying he wanted out after this year.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:02 pm

Need Buffalo tonight and the 9ers to beat the rams

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:17 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:58 pm
Not to be argue but from what I saw reported he sign a 1 year deal because of the cap. I haven't seen anything saying he wanted out after this year.
The idea behind only signing a 1 year deal was to go for a longer, much bigger contract next year, on that we're seeing the same thing.

What I'm saying is that most sports writers familiar with the Bengals also believe they won't offer him the kind of contract he's looking for. And the drafting of a player who played RT in college with our second pick only solidified that belief.

Now Sky says that may not be the case anymore after his season ending injury. And the fact that Carmen can't seem to break into the starting lineup only adds credence to that.

We'll just have to wait and see....

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:24 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:17 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:58 pm
The idea behind only signing a 1 year deal was to go for a longer, much bigger contract next year, on that we're seeing the same thing.

What I'm saying is that most sports writers familiar with the Bengals also believe they won't offer him the kind of contract he's looking for. And the drafting of a player who played RT in college with our second pick only solidified that belief.

Now Sky says that may not be the case anymore after his season ending injury. And the fact that Carmen can't seem to break into the starting lineup only adds credence to that.

We'll just have to wait and see....
Carmen isn't ready for RT. If they put him there next year it'll set this franchise back 2 years. I'm all for giving him a shot but at the same time sign 1 or 2 olinemen and draft a couple too and keep them play it out.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:30 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:24 pm
Carmen isn't ready for RT. If they put him there next year it'll set this franchise back 2 years. I'm all for giving him a shot but at the same time sign 1 or 2 olinemen and draft a couple too and keep them play it out.
Two words for you......

Oogie Boogie. :o

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:54 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:30 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:24 pm
Two words for you......

Oogie Boogie. :o
Yes. Sorta what I'm saying. If we sign 1 or 2 and draft 1 or 2 then hopefully we won't have to rely on Carmen being a starting tackle for us. The kid just didn't look ready this year. Next year may be different, dunno. Only time will tell. However, even if he was ready we still have some upgrades to do on oline regardless.