Re: Bengals-Titans discussion and predictions

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:12 pm

orange_black wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:20 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:16 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:26 pm
I'm not scared of this matchup, I'm actually extremely happy we have the Titans! We always play the Titan's tough and have pulled out wins against this team when we shouldn't have. I don't think they are as talented as we are honestly. We need to find some guys to stop the run but once you do that I like Burrow vs Tannehill.

Joe Burrow has the highest QBR over that last 5 games in NFL history!!
As a statistician that stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, that metric is highly skewed to 2 out of those 5 games. Not taking a thing away from Joe B, but that last game against the Raiders was not exceptional by any means. Effective (enough), but not nearly on par with performances like Allen and Mahomes this weekend.
and with this post, i now dub thee as "stripesincarolina1"
Savage!!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:13 pm

orange_black wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
I'm not scared of this matchup, I'm actually extremely happy we have the Titans! We always play the Titan's tough and have pulled out wins against this team when we shouldn't have. I don't think they are as talented as we are honestly. We need to find some guys to stop the run but once you do that I like Burrow vs Tannehill.

As a statistician that stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, that metric is highly skewed to 2 out of those 5 games. Not taking a thing away from Joe B, but that last game against the Raiders was not exceptional by any means. Effective (enough), but not nearly on par with performances like Allen and Mahomes this weekend.
Well....we do share Mrs Stripes...😏

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:22 pm

Willie Lutz (@willie_lutz)
Two names I’m interested to see if the #Bengals bring in on the DLine this week: Xavier Williams and Freedom Akinmoladun.

Both current free agents who saw time on the #Bengals active roster in 2020.

Williams in particularly interesting; 11 tackles in 4 career playoff games.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:51 pm

orange_black wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

Oh c'mon, dont lump me into that cess pit. I said I wasn't taking anything away from Burrow. He just had two historical games that are skewing his normal performances, which are still very solid. And yes, Allen and Mahomes had very stout numbers this week and Burrow was avg. No biggie, but we'll need to see more this week out of the offense. Thats all I'm saying.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:00 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:51 pm
Oh c'mon, dont lump me into that cess pit. I said I wasn't taking anything away from Burrow. He just had two historical games that are skewing his normal performances, which are still very solid. And yes, Allen and Mahomes had very stout numbers this week and Burrow was avg. No biggie, but we'll need to see more this week out of the offense. Thats all I'm saying.
To be honest Stripes it takes more that just 2 out of those five games to have the historic QBR he's had over the last 5 games. You don't have to put up eye popping numbers to have a high QBR. It's the overall rating of his play and decisions, and he's been playing at an extremely high level the last 5 weeks.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:59 pm

im just giving you a hard time, stripes1.

but in all honestly.... i am completely ignoring the first half of the season, perfromance wise. It feels like Burrow and this team turned a corner after the bye.... and there is no going back.

and as Meat mentioned.... Burrow's numbers show it.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:21 pm

Who cares about a DT off the street and a run game. Burrow gone hang 42 on those bums ain’t no run game stopping that

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:56 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:21 pm
Who cares about a DT off the street and a run game. Burrow gone hang 42 on those bums ain’t no run game stopping that
I'll expect your prediction to start with a "Bengals 42" sir.

I'm telling you guys right now this game is going to come down to stopping their run game and forcing Tannehill to win against our man coverage and at the same time Burrow finding a way to covert one of those FGs against the Raiders to a TD. We're going to need 30 points, period.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:06 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:56 pm
I'm telling you guys right now this game is going to come down to stopping their run game and forcing Tannehill to win against our man coverage and at the same time Burrow finding a way to covert one of those FGs against the Raiders to a TD. We're going to need 30 points, period.
You're 100% spot on!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:10 pm

Andrew Russell (@PFF_AndrewR)
Bengals offensive rank in the redzone:

Weeks 1-6: 2nd
Rest of the season: 28th

This is something that, IMO, will need to be better this week if they want to get the win on the road. Can't settle for multiple FGS.