Bengals-Titans discussion and predictions

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Bengals-Titans discussion and predictions

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:58 am

Fourth-round pick Tyler Shelvin, who has played in three games and was inactive Saturday, is an option and Taylor indicated they could also look outside the club.

I'll start with this. If Tyler Shelvin is our solution due to injuries on the line we are in deep shit against King Henry. Tyler looked absolutely horrible against Cleveland. He might have been the reason they lost that game even though it didn't matter. I'd like to think there is a FA out there we could grab for depth, not Geno, that is instantly better than Shelvin but I just don't know.

We're in a pickle.
Seeking Superbowls

skycruiser

Re: Bengals-Titans discussion and predictions

Post by skycruiser » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:07 am

For sure. Hendrickson need to be healthy. Hoping this young exciting team will bring a somewhat decent option off the street to join us for a run at the SB

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:35 am

I'd rather play at Tennessee than playing the Chiefs in Kansas City for a revenge game or playing Buffalo in Buffalo.

Having said that, it's not going to be easy. They say Henry is going to be ready, but he's still on IR as of now. There's no guarantee he's going to be at 100 percent.

Their pass rush seems to have diminished a bit in the second half, but they do have capable players.

Looking at PFF, their highest graded Lineman/Edge Rusher is Jeffrey Simmons who is 25th of 128 DL Men with a 71.9. They have a couple highly rated Safeties, but their highest rated CB is only 65.8 which is 44th of 121 CBs.

If we can get Burrow time to air it out next week and can stop Tennessee on a couple drives, we can keep up and win this game.

It's not going to be easy, but I'm not about to write them off in this game.

If we were playing in KC or in Buffalo I would have predicted a Loss. I'm not going to predict a win, but I'm also not going to predict a loss. I just don't know what to expect this weekend.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:03 am

Jmble wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:35 am
I'm not going to predict a win, but I'm also not going to predict a loss. I just don't know what to expect this weekend.
And you can take that to the bank! :lol:

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:57 am

Ogunjobi has officially been moved to IR ending his season.

The Bengals have activated from IR Xavier Su'a-Filo.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:43 pm

Is there a quick and easy FA list somewhere of players available to be signed? My understanding is that players on teams this year that are scheduled to enter FA next season are not eligible until this season has wrapped, even if their team has been eliminated. We likely need 2DTs and quick!

What is the status of Mike Daniels and Renell Wren? That's all we have left on the roster besides Tupuo who was injured. We need some rotational depth. A competent player for 10-15 snaps a game.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:26 pm

I'm not scared of this matchup, I'm actually extremely happy we have the Titans! We always play the Titan's tough and have pulled out wins against this team when we shouldn't have. I don't think they are as talented as we are honestly. We need to find some guys to stop the run but once you do that I like Burrow vs Tannehill.

Joe Burrow has the highest QBR over that last 5 games in NFL history!!

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:16 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:26 pm
I'm not scared of this matchup, I'm actually extremely happy we have the Titans! We always play the Titan's tough and have pulled out wins against this team when we shouldn't have. I don't think they are as talented as we are honestly. We need to find some guys to stop the run but once you do that I like Burrow vs Tannehill.

As a statistician that stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, that metric is highly skewed to 2 out of those 5 games. Not taking a thing away from Joe B, but that last game against the Raiders was not exceptional by any means. Effective (enough), but not nearly on par with performances like Allen and Mahomes this weekend.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:22 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:16 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

As a statistician that stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, that metric is highly skewed to 2 out of those 5 games. Not taking a thing away from Joe B, but that last game against the Raiders was not exceptional by any means. Effective (enough), but not nearly on par with performances like Allen and Mahomes this weekend.
It's hard to say because his QBR was extremely high even against the Raiders. No he didn't have the numbers those other guys had but the Raiders defense is setup to cover guys and not allow the big passing numbers. When they didn't run the 2 high safeties it seemed like the ball was going to Chase and he had a very good game.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:20 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:16 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

and with this post, i now dub thee as "stripesincarolina1"