Why not us?

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
skycruiser

Why not us?

Post by skycruiser » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:19 am

Now with the monkey off our back it’s realistic to think we have a great shot at getting to the SB. Why not us?

stripesincarolina

Re: Why not us?

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:40 am

We have to play way better on offense than we played yesterday. We never really got the run game going, and to B1's point, we have to convert more TDs instead of FGs. And I need to see the injury report before I can be comfortable with our defense. Anybody have updates on Daniel's and Ogunjobi? Hendrickson seems to be fine.
Seeking Superbowls

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:43 am

Why not? We are in it, I see the titans as beatable but shame Henry is back.
Buffalo look scary but have also looked not great this year at times.
I had a bet on for us to reach the SB this year before the season and am set to win about £4,000 if they do ( not sure how much in dollars a guess about $5,500 ish so I really hope they do.
Honestly as someone said yesterday at this stage we are playing with house money so just roll the dice and see what happens.
Amazing year and a lot to look forward to 😎

Mag

Post by Mag » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:48 am

It's entirely realistic. Borrow and Co beat the Chiefs already. Last year with a much worse team and much less experience best the Titans. Those are the two best teams in the AFC. The best team in the NFC is GB, and they went into OT with them. Things could get real interesting around here. :twisted:

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:08 am

I'm with Stripes, we'll never beat Tennessee or KC or Buffalo kicking field goals. The play calling on our final drive was at best questionable. Two pitch backs and a short pass when a 1st Down there would have basically ended the game.

Zac should have put the game in Burrow’s hands and trusted him to throw it at least on first down. Thinking like that's going to have to change if we're going to advance.

And we need to know which of our Injured players will be back. Let's not count our chickens before they've hatched....

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:11 am

Chalk it up to all things weird in the annals of Bengaldom, but Money Mac now owns the postseason record for the team in points scored....14. That seems hard to believe but I guess if any RB or WR scored twice in a playoff game they would only get credit for 12 points. Jim Breech had 3 FGs for 9 points. But Evan now has the record......until Chase scores 3 times next week! :twisted: :twisted:
Seeking Superbowls

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:18 am

Tennessee is very beatable. Pitt, the Jets and Texans have beat them this year.

Agree with stripes. Injuries, I'm gonna have to see what it looks like for our pass rush. Without a pass rush we seen how Carr tool command and almost tied the game. He had 4 seconds on every drop back and slinging the ball downfield on 20 yards per attempt.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:10 pm

I'm just going to assume the Chiefs take care of business tonight and we play the Titans. The Titans are a very good football team overall. However,in my opinion Ryan Tannehill is not a very good quarterback when it come to making big plays. But, the Titans don't usually need the big play. They just need the positive plays. Tannehill is real a good game manager. But, his stats don't show that. With only 21 touchdowns and 14 interceptions Tannehill doesn't fit the mold of a playoff caliper quarterback. Although his career playoff stats are 6 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.
We can win this if we find a way to make Tannehill beat us with his arm.