Re: Bengals v Raiders Game Thread.

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:17 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:15 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:14 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:03 pm

The whistle blew like right before Boyd caught the ball. Fuck the refs fuck the Raiders and fuck the media and terrico
I think they are saying there was a whistle before that. I'm trying to find the video.
I think the Raiders dude was watching Burrow. The side judge made some motion when Burrow was about to go outta bounds.
See the link I added 2 posts up. Pretty much covers it.
Seeking Superbowls

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:24 pm

Do you realize what this means

Zac and Burrow have done something that no other players or coaches have done in Cincinnati in 31 years

Not Kitna, not coslet, not Palmer, not Lewis. Not c Johnson, no one.

Zac and burrow will go down as legends.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:26 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:17 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:

I think they are saying there was a whistle before that. I'm trying to find the video.
I think the Raiders dude was watching Burrow. The side judge made some motion when Burrow was about to go outta bounds.
You still can't stop play while the balls in the air. If you can i haven't seen it in my 52 years

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:28 pm

But obviously you can stop the game with a player calling timeout and NO whistle was blown. Refs were idiots and they have been all year.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:29 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:58 pm
Wow, media is hung up on the whistle from the second quarter. Saying the Raiders stopped playing. Bullshit. Nobody stopped playing on the play. They showed it 10 times.
The whistle blew like right before Boyd caught the ball. Fuck the refs fuck the Raiders and fuck the media and terrico

Here is the explanation. It was only one whistle, which we all know didn't affect the play, but the rule is explained here.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-on-play/
There was a whistle. I heard it in real time and was surprised they gave us the TD. When you watch the replay you can clearly hear it just as Chase is about to catch the ball. It's obvious.

Still, we've had so many bad breaks and calls over the decades its about time we get one go in our favor.

I'm not going to lose a minutes sleep over it....😴

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:29 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:29 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:

Here is the explanation. It was only one whistle, which we all know didn't affect the play, but the rule is explained here.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-on-play/
There was a whistle. I heard it in real time and was surprised they gave us the TD. When you watch the replay you can clearly hear it just as Chase is about to catch the ball. It's obvious.

Still, we've had so many bad breaks and calls over the decades its about time we get one go in our favor.

I'm not going to lose a minutes sleep over it....😴
100%:%%

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:30 pm

I think that's my point. How can you stop playing whole the balls already been released and a Milli second before the guy catches it?

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:32 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:17 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:

Not arguing with ya Striper. I love everyone here including meat. :) let's celebrate! I'm buy the first round!

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:43 pm

No arguing here either. I'll take the TD from BOYD (not Chase as B1 said during his senior moment). But as the rule states, any whistle errantly blown during the play (no matter how late in the play) would result in the play being run again. By definition they should have nullified it. By common sense I'm glad they didn't. It could have turned into a Cleveland playoff game very quickly.

The referee situation has to be dealt with this offseason. The NFL is quickly becoming Nascar......unwatchable.
Seeking Superbowls

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:47 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:43 pm
No arguing here either. I'll take the TD from BOYD (not Chase as B1 said during his senior moment). But as the rule states, any whistle errantly blown during the play (no matter how late in the play) would result in the play being run again. By definition they should have nullified it. By common sense I'm glad they didn't. It could have turned into a Cleveland playoff game very quickly.

The referee situation has to be dealt with this offseason. The NFL is quickly becoming Nascar......unwatchable.
Yeah. The refs are horrible. They're making too many rules no one can keep up with.