Bengals v Raiders Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Bengals v Raiders Game Thread.

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:33 pm

Serious question: are you guys going to be alright if this doesn't go our way today....?

skycruiser

Re: Bengals v Raiders Game Thread.

Post by skycruiser » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:44 pm

Don’t need to worry bout that bengals in a route LFGGGG

Mag

Post by Mag » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:05 pm

I'd be disappointed, but not as devastated as '15. That '15 team had so many expectations. Everyone was at their peak. This year's team has far exceeded expectations. It is a fun, exciting team, but very young. Their best football is ahead of them. Even the vets have some good years left (except maybe Huber).

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:25 pm

Mag wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:05 pm
I'd be disappointed, but not as devastated as '15. That '15 team had so many expectations. Everyone was at their peak. This year's team has far exceeded expectations. It is a fun, exciting team, but very young. Their best football is ahead of them. Even the vets have some good years left (except maybe Huber).
Nice to see you're still alive tub washer.

Yeah, that's about how I feel too. Nobody expected them to be in the playoffs this quickly. We're kind of playing with house money here. If they win....great. If they don't....get some experience and make a real run next year, hopefully with an improved O-line.

Either way not going to slash my wrists over it. I worry the Cincy sports media might melt down though. They're leaving no room for failure.... :?

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:31 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:33 pm
Serious question: are you guys going to be alright if this doesn't go our way today....?
Already got the t shirt several times so I know the drill. It would totally suck but life goes on😎

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:52 pm

I'm dealing with a looming Armageddon ice storm tonight and tomorrow so I'm already irritated at the world. If my boys don't win today I swear I am dumping all my yard debris from all these broken trees right smack in the middle of I-40 and setting it on fire. I need the pendulum of life to swing my way today or I may be starring in the sequel to Michael Douglas' Falling Down movie.....in real life. (Great flick by the way)

I need points (for us) out of the first two drives. I don't care how many points, just points. Need to break the ice and nerves early.

Off to a quick party for a graduate, back at game time.

Wassup MAG!!!
Seeking Superbowls

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:02 pm

I'm sure I'll get over it, like I always have if we lose today. It's going to be a rough few days for me if we lose.

I'm always at the moment type guy. I'm not a believer of the "next year" cliche. We have a healthy team, Burrows on fire. Chase is a mad man. Defense playing good. Pass rush is decent to good. Let's do it now. Fuck next year. Our team will lose players to FA. We may have serious injuries next year. Chase may be in a sophomore slump. Again. Fuck next year. Let's do it NOW!
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:26 pm

No joke, since I got up this morning I've been texted by three different old friends I haven't been in contact with for years now.

They all texted some variation on the same message; Waiting for the game today and thought of you. How are you doing...?

I must have been the only Bengal fan some people in Los Angeles ever knew! :lol:

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:47 pm

who friggin dey

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:00 pm

Let's do some work. Time to end this misery.
Seeking Superbowls